Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:05 PM

Default a hand vs a 2+2er

2+2er don't like to lose aces (I can understand) and tells me that. Also, now he thinks I'm a fish (not in those words).. why??

the pfr was to isolate the very bad UTG player
Should I have raised the turn? or the flop?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 08-18-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: a hand vs a 2+2er

Raise flop. Given that you didn't, raise turn. Given that you didn't, OK going for the overcall, I guess.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop. Given that you didn't, raise turn. Given that you didn't, OK going for the overcall, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2005, 12:30 PM

HU, I'd probably just call down vs. the 2+2 so he can keep bluffing his overs. With the bad UTG though, he's giving you a nice overlay to raise this turn. SB will be hardpressed to 3-bet on this scary board, so even an overpair type hand will likely just call.

The river overcall is interesting here. How often is UTG betting here with a Q, vs. a lower straight or two pair type hand? If his hand range is wide, then I'd raise to ensure I get 2BB in here, since there's no guarantee that the 2+2er is overcalling here. If he's only betting here with straight+, then the overcall is good to at least chop 2+2er's overcalling 1BB.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU, I'd probably just call down vs. the 2+2 so he can keep bluffing his overs. With the bad UTG though, he's giving you a nice overlay to raise this turn. SB will be hardpressed to 3-bet on this scary board, so even an overpair type hand will likely just call.

The river overcall is interesting here. How often is UTG betting here with a Q, vs. a lower straight or two pair type hand? If his hand range is wide, then I'd raise to ensure I get 2BB in here, since there's no guarantee that the 2+2er is overcalling here. If he's only betting here with straight+, then the overcall is good to at least chop 2+2er's overcalling 1BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I was playing the hand I was almost sure that the 2+2er had a big pair.

When I look at my hand now, I realy don't know why I didn't raise somewhere. I think raising the turn would be good.

I like your river analyses
Old 08-18-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think raising the turn would be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:21 PM

I probably raise the turn since it has given you a ton of outs now.