Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 08:35 AM

Default How bad is this line?

very aggro 10/20 game 5 handed.

folded to me on the button with J8c and i raise (been rasing with wide range of hands, playing failr lag at this point)

sb folds bb 3 bets me (had a feeling this was coming he was bound to make a stand at some point). I call

Flop is

Jd3h4h

he checks, I bet he calls.

Turn Ah

he checks, I bet, he raises I 3 bet he 4 bets I fold.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: How bad is this line?

very bad. When you get 3 bet pre-flop the get checked to alarms should go off. When this happens and you get check raised on the turn bigger alarms should go off. Take your free card on the turn or fold to the check raise. Calling the check rasie is better than the three bet.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 AM

I dont see the point in reraising his check raise. If you think hes bluffing then calling him down makes more money in the long run. If you think he has you beat than folding is the best play. Maybe I'm missing something. Once you 3 bet and he caps, I think this is a safe fold only if you are certain he wouldnt cap here with one pair like AK since you are getting great pot odds to spike two pair.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 AM

after the sb checks the flop after 3betting pf its clear he loves his hand and wants you to catch something. i like a bet the flop and CHECK the turn. then call the river line b/c you get to see what he does that with.

but you are losing almost 100% of every bet that goes into this pot.

when he c'rs you onthe turn you must fold, its just so likely you are drawing dead you are getting a virtual 0% return on your money going in.

-Barron