Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Opinions please on my MTT results so far

I've been playing MTT's for a few months now, but haven't been keeping records until about 3 weeks ago. Now I know my sampling is small, but I'm curious as to how these numbers stack up your numbers (sucessful profitable MTT'ers).
I've recorded 41 MTT's. ITM 10 times. Top 20 8 times. Final table 2 times, with a 6th & 5th place finish. Did have one 11th place finish. 6 of my moneys were is 220- fields & 3 were in rebuys (6th place finish was 1). And yes, I have made a profit, but not anywhere as much as I would like.
My question is how good, bad, average is my production so far?
Just as a side note, my highest finish was 3rd in a rebuy about 2 or 3 months ago. Had 77 & busted out to an 88. The player --- gank. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] This was b4 I found out about his success!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Opinions please on my MTT results so far

ROI?

I don't know if you did good, 41? Cards run well or not?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Had 77 & busted out to an 88. The player --- gank. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] This was b4 I found out about his success!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know he has 88 will you fold the 77 next time?

Sounds like you are running very well over a small sample, hope it continues but the fact is even a good winning player will not perform like this over the long run.

Mack
Old 08-18-2005, 07:01 AM

seems like you've done well but we don't know if you're playing for fisrt or just trying to limp in the money, I don't know you've done well congratulations is what I say because thats surely all you want people to say with that post?- I can't seen any other point to it. "I got in the money 20 times out of 40 have i done well?"
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 AM

No. Haven't had a good run of cards. Did turn a couple of all in suk outs on the river into the 5th place finish the other day (long overdue 4 those though considering the number of suk outs agianst me. I'm not looking for congrats or anything. I'm just wanting to know if the percentages are in line w/the profitable MTT'ers (pros?) out there. I'm just getting real frustrated w/not having won one yet & not getting to the final table more often. Am I just being too hard on myself or expecting too much?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like you've done well but we don't know if you're playing for fisrt or just trying to limp in the money, I don't know you've done well congratulations is what I say because thats surely all you want people to say with that post?- I can't seen any other point to it. "I got in the money 20 times out of 40 have i done well?"

[/ QUOTE ]

He's ITM'd 10 of 41 (not 20) and said himself has not made much profit. I didnt see this as a brag post at all, just a guy who is curious about what a normal run might look like.

To OP: I dont keep MTT records, but as long as you're not a pro, just play, learn and have fun. If you're coming out ahead at all thats a great start and the experience you are gaining (basically for free) will pay off later.

pooh
Old 08-18-2005, 02:18 PM

re-post after 800 more mtt's
Old 08-18-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
re-post after 800 more mtt's

[/ QUOTE ]

And then we'll tell you your sample size is too small.

colson10
Old 08-18-2005, 02:33 PM

your results are meaningless, and my opinion is that if you are already getting frustrated over not winning then MTTs are not for you.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:24 PM

I understand that my sample size is extremely small. But to all you highly successful MTT'ers out there let me pose this question then? Do your numbers reflect mine? Or much better? Or to put it another way would any profitable, successful MTT'er be glad to have the % of ITM & % of final tables that my puny sample size reflects?