Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Sexy fives or FPS ?

Pretty much.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:11 PM

i can understand mixing in the flop check. i'm always amazed at how this doesn't throw a redflag against most players. but not 3 betting the turn confuses me. do you think you earn more than 1 extra river bet on avg by not 3 betting there?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wont a queen realize what is going on if I 3bet the turn or you think he is just as impressed with his flop check as I am with mine and then give exessive action anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the way you put that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

If you 3-bet you'll get at least two more bets. If he overplays his queen you'll get more than two bets and if he has 44 you'll definitely get a lot more.

The argument for calling and leading the river is maybe he'll put you on an unimproved pocket and raise with a queen. That would get you three where you might have gotten only two by 3-betting the turn. But much too often you only get one on the river. This line also probably makes the least versus AQ and 44.

An important problem is your play is unbelievable. The stop-n-go tries to represent one pair preventing the free showdown. Where was that pair on the flop? Why is it attacking obvious trips?

It's very possible he's oblivious to the danger signs. But in that case I expect you'll also clean up after a turn 3-bet.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The argument for calling and leading the river is maybe he'll put you on an unimproved pocket and raise with a queen. That would get you three where you might have gotten only two by 3-betting the turn. But much too often you only get one on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are many cards where he will think you just improved to one pair on if he holds trips. I dont think he will be worried about better trips after I dont 3bet the turn.

I think itīs pretty rare for someone with stats like this to coldcalls AQ and think 44 often will bet the flop. If I know he has 44 I agree that it would be better to 3bet the turn as Iīll get tons of action then as it looks like slowplayed AQ-QT.

[ QUOTE ]
An important problem is your play is unbelievable. The stop-n-go tries to represent one pair preventing the free showdown. Where was that pair on the flop? Why is it attacking obvious trips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think that he thinks his trips are obvious ?. If he has them, then he slowplayed the flop..
My turnbet could just be a stab at the pot if I checked something crappy on the flop and the riverbet could be read as a bet with a hand that picked up a pair.

[ QUOTE ]
It's very possible he's oblivious to the danger signs. But in that case I expect you'll also clean up after a turn 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is worried that Iīm slowplaying the flop, then he probably would expect me to reraise the turn. When I dont do that, then I dont think itīs very posible that he wont consider it very much anymore when I bet out on the river.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Results

44 no good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I usually bet the flop here most of the time, but felt like mixing it up a bit.

If the turncard was something that actually might look like I hit just one pair, then Iīd like a 3bet more there.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Results

Why the smiley with the results? If he had 44 then you missed tonnes of bets. He's not folding the flop, and if you play it as fast as possible you'll often get 8 T&R bets out of him (the K coming may stop this).

This flop check is bad, man. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 04:38 AM

I think we both know that I LOVE the sexy, but I think you gotta bet the flop, as anyone with a brain is gonna smell a rat when you spring to life later.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:23 AM

(havent read other replys)
I love this hand. well played on all streets. Nice setup on the turn! aggressive preflop though. You raise fives here 100% of the time?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:59 AM

Thought Queen whatever was alot more likely than 44, atleast till the river cap.

Can I never check this flop ? , itīs not like I do it alot, maybe 1/20 or so, actually thatīs probably high.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:09 AM

I'm not a fan of the flop check behind after leading preflop in many circumstances at all, but this is a particularly bad flop for it. Any hands that could hit something on the turn worthy of giving you some action aren't folding anyway (AT, 44 etc). But most importantly, slowplaying such a pickuppable board will signal monster so blatantly. It could easily cost you a few BBs worth of action from a bad Q.