Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Wait for the turn?

Would this classify as a "wait for a safe card on the turn" raise?

New table, no reads. I'm pretty sure the raise on the flop was bad, and calling down afterwards suspect.

If you were going to wait to raise the turn, would you raise that specific turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Wait for the turn?

Given the line you took on the flop, I like the hand. I would wait for the turn though, without the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. This is not a flop you want to get into a raising war on.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:35 AM

I think either raising the flop or the turn are fine. I like raising the flop cuz if you get re-raised, you know you're in trouble (tho it could just mean he has the nut or 2nd-nut draw).

His donk on the turn worries me, and at that point I go into call-down. Against micro opponents, I think you're ahead better than the 1:5 or so that you need.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:03 AM

I don't see a flop raise really doing much that helps your cause

the offsuit 3 is a pretty safe card, its not too likely either one has a 6, I'd raise