Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Does anyone dip?

Just got done diiping, but i'm [censored] drunk and that's the only reason i did it. Otherwise, i dip like 2-3 times year, and i'm from WV, that very few compared to the average in this state i'm sure. and btw, espn is here tomorrow at SNOW SHOE, not SNOW SHOW you dumbass espn moran's. get the name [censored] right.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dip being the slang term for using smokeless tobacco.

If so, what are you dipping? Skoal? Copenhagen? Rooster? Timberwolf? Which flavours?

I'm in Canada so I really only get Skoal and Copenhagen with the occasional other brand.
As well, because of my location I only get the older brands, with apple flavour coming much later then the states got it.

Personally I stick to Skoal and will dip most of their flavours omit Mint which makes me sick since I swallowed it a while back, and their straight.

Billy

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried one time and never again.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 12:33 AM

Haha..I can't play without it either. But anyways about the quiting. I've been saying it for about 6 months and each time I delay it a bit more but one day I know ill wake up and just give it up. At least I hope.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems "most" dippers graduate to Cope via Skoal (mostly).

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Skoal has a candy flavour (no tobacco companies dont target teenagers) while copenhagen has a stronger taste that you have to grow used to. After you get over the taste of the stuff and need more of the nic then you graduate to copenhagen which I find cures the craving more-so than skoal does. Also after chewing short cut for 2 years, everytime I try skoal it cuts the [censored] outa my lip. Anyone else find that as well?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 AM

Has anyone tried the new "diptops" that are sold? I found them at a gas station the other day, it attaches to the top of beer/soda cans. It converts aluminum cans into great spitters if you're ever in a pinch [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 01:57 AM

dipping is disgusting to me.

i tried it once as a kid and hated it and never tried again for probably 10 years.

a few months ago a friend of mine had a few trial cans of flavored pouches he had received from a boat show he had been at.

he had never tried the stuff either since being a kid, so we said F it and threw in a bandit a piece.

the taste was awful, the smell putrid. after 5 minutes my throat began to burn. we both started getting a pretty heavy head buzz though, which was decent.

however every time i would go to spit, the taste was disgusting. so we gave up, and that will probably the last time until we randomly try it again on a lark.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:48 AM

dipping is disgusting
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 AM

its really cool when you are young. you get that big lump in your lip and look real cool. it gets hard to quit also.

then when you get older and have mouth cancer and lose most of your teeth from your gums deteriorating. you wish you never started. then your sex life ends as well. have fun.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:23 AM

it took me 2 years to quit.. Blame Babe Ruth Baseball.. The Umpires Didnt say a WORD! I quit 2 months ago before my move to Vegas... who said moving to vegas wasn't +EV in things other than Poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 06:28 AM

When I was in highschool I smoked cigarrettes (I started in junior high)...well I couldn't go all day without a smoke. Sometimes I would use the bathroom and smoke at the same time (God, how was I so fing cool?). Anyways, I was always getting "in school suspension", you know where they put you in a room all day, for skipping school. During these times I would dip, because there was no way to smoke at all (and I tried every method). Eventually I found a fool proof way to be able to smoke when the principal gave me ISS..which was not go to that either. They eventually would suspend me for skipping school (it was a tough punishment to bear).

Oh, and back to my point...i would get so nauseous from dipping. But I had to have my nicotine.

craig