Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Sexy fives or FPS ?

Main opps stats are 45/24/2.6 after 80 hands.
Other guy is 45/12.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 08-17-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Sexy fives or FPS ?

I like it. 55 a standard opener for you against these type players?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:02 PM

Might as well 3bet the turn while you are still ahead of KQ.

Is this opponent capping the river here with a flush? I guess I just assume you might as well tell him about your hand on the turn because you're making the same amount of money.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:07 PM

The c/r attempt on the flop is not bad. Being that the button is aggressive he should bet this flop most every time.

When he suprisinly _checks_ the flop but then _raises_ the turn you can be pretty sure that he has hit hard. Otherwise he would have tried to steal on the flop already. He definetly would have with a draw. His hand is most likly Qx.

Since he probably has Qx I think it is definetly suboptimal to only call his turn raise. If you 3-bet he will probably cap, and most likly he won't slow down too much on the river. Get more money in the pot!

On the river of course you made the right play.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:08 PM

i dont like checking the flop. i want to get as much money as possible from people holding a Q, and i want to know who has it.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:18 PM

I bet this flop. Raising preflop and then checking a QQ5 flop 3-handed is extremely suspicious. As hard as it may be to get paid for your hand, I don't see how checking helps.

On the turn you've obviously met a queen or 44. I definitely 3-bet. Slowing down has absolutely nothing to recommend it.

The river king is worrisome but you need to 3-bet anyway. The cap is trouble (beats AQ) and I wouldn't 5-bet here even if it were allowed.

Interesting that Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are both missing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 PM

I like the river play, but not much else. He likes his hand on the turn, so might as well three-bet it. In my opinion, slowplaying on one street is generally more than enough (although I would have bet the flop).
Old 08-17-2005, 07:52 PM

this hand hurts my eyes. I'm not sure which is worse: the flop or the turn? If you bet this flop, you could have anything. Ace high will call or make a play at it. Kx will often peel. If you check it basically gives away that you have a hand. On the turn pretty often this guy either has a queen and will give you action or won't fold a weaker hand. If you want to talk metagame, betting this flop will give your future flop bets a lot more credit if this hand is showndown.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:34 PM

Wont a queen realize what is going on if I 3bet the turn or you think he is just as impressed with his flop check as I am with mine and then give exessive action anyway?

fwiw I sometimes check with flop with crap and my opponent probably isnīt the brightest guy on party poker.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Might as well 3bet the turn while you are still ahead of KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the river was an 8, would you then tell me to cap while still ahead of Q8 ?