Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: 10-20 NL at Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, which is what he is asking about... He is way ahead of everytihng but AQ, AT or TT, if the villian was "solw playing" him with AQ, AT, or TT he is way behind...

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man.. you are calling the river a way ahead way behind situation? As opposed to being just a little bit behind? LMAO

Can you give me a river situation where you AREN'T way ahead or way behind?

Your post has to qualify as the dumbest one I've ever seen on 2+2.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your post has to qualify as the dumbest one I've ever seen on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why 2+2 is going WAY down hill of late... What an Ahole!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And this is why 2+2 is going WAY down hill of late... What an Ahole!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm the reason
Old 08-17-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
potting the flop and the turn makes this hand impossible to play wrong.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

As you played it, I bet $1100 and obviously call a push.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:55 PM

<turn Argue Meter down>

Ummm. Let me try to clarify. On the river, there are no more cards to come out. So being way ahead or way behind or just a teensy eeensy bit behind or ahead or not at all really doesn't mean much, because you're at where you're at. You don't have a chance to catch up, or to get caught. Get it?

<turn Argue Meter up>

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seen this hand and it was one of those to me "either you are way ahead or way behind"

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao at the most over/misused phrase on 2+2. How in the hell is this a way ahead/behind situation? After all the cards are out? LOL Flop? Turn??

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, which is what he is asking about... He is way ahead of everytihng but AQ, AT or TT, if the villian was "solw playing" him with AQ, AT, or TT he is way behind...

Flop... WAY ahead, Turn WAY ahead... River... humm likely WAY ahead still, but could be WAY behind to a lucky slow play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You either have the winning hand or you don't after the river. You can say "I think you have the winning hand 60% of the time here" or "I think you are beaten 95% of the time here" but way ahead or way behind to not correspond to this situation.

Brad
Old 08-17-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seen this hand and it was one of those to me "either you are way ahead or way behind"

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao at the most over/misused phrase on 2+2. How in the hell is this a way ahead/behind situation? After all the cards are out? LOL Flop? Turn??

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop... WAY ahead, Turn WAY ahead... River... humm likely WAY ahead still, but could be WAY behind to a lucky slow play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll go the other route here.

"Way ahead, way behind" is used in a situation where whoever is behind is drawing really thin. On the river, you are drawing dead. There is no such thing as "kinda behind" on the river. It's not like if you have a better kicker than me I only kinda lose.

That said, this is not ever a way ahead, way behind situation. This is just a way ahead situation.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:34 PM

All in and its not even close. Also if you're asking this question, good job putting an extra two zeroes next to the stakes you're playing in.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:53 PM

Hi Maier,

[ QUOTE ]
Also if you're asking this question, good job putting an extra two zeroes next to the stakes you're playing in.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's sort of amazing/wonderful about this is that this is the level of knowledge of a good number of the WINNING players in this game (Note to OP--this is not meant as an insult; I just mean that you're fairly inexperienced and still winning at high stakes).

To the original poster, just bet whatever you think he'll call, and call any raise. You are not getting away from this, given you have 1500 left in a 2200 dollar pot and no rock-solid read.

He may have called you down with flopped Aces up, but AK or AJ are more likely, and if he has trips, he's probably calling an all-in. So, bet a lot. If he had flopped a set, it's very likely he would've raised, though not impossible that he'd play it that way. Still, as I said, you are not getting away from this, nor should you want to. As such, you'll have to put in all of it if you're behind, so you might as well go for a big chunk of it yourself.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:03 PM

Way to be a jerk. Against some opponets this is a check/fold situation, for instance if you were playing vs. me 1 year ago. Against others this is an easy bet/push on river. Against a typical opponet this is a push. I would say 95% of the time push.