Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Played right?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You would have heard from a set/2pair earlier in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the flop on, CO has raised every opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's possible enough that he is overplaying KK or AA to take the chance he has filled up on the river.

Maybe I was overly strong in my other post, but I really do think you have to grit your teeth and call here. The pot is too big to fold the nut str8, even tho the board is paired.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:12 PM

Call the river.

The pot is huge and you could easily have still had the best hand. BB and CO could have been betting/raising the river with trip T's or a smaller straight than yours.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:13 PM

You're getting like 12:1 on a calldown even if it's capped and Kx (especially KJ/KT/K9) is a very real possibility. You've got the BB beat with an overstraight, and you beat part of CO's range often enough IMO (especially considering that if CO doesn't cap, you're getting something like 23:1). I'd probably call it and kick BB in the balls for overplaying his hand.

I'd also raise the nuts on the turn because we don't know if someone else will do it for us.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this line of thought correct?:

CO will probably raise again, if I call the 3bet I will definitly call the cap so I should either raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is, that it may or may not get capped. This is going to showdown one way or the other, and I am going to be part of it. By calling then you may get a weaker CO calling behind, by raising no way are you going to get a stronger hand to fold. If the CO caps then I'm calling anyway.

Don't know if this line of thinking is correct or not.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:31 PM

I would have raised the turn and call if it is capped. No way I'm NOT going to try and cap the turn with that straight. The T on the river sucks but there is no chance in hell I'm folding this, I'm going to showdown.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:51 PM

I would have raised the turn. Not sure why you just called but then capped, you have the best hand here and should get the money in. The paired T on the river sucks but at this point, with this size pot, I think you have to get to the showdown.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:13 PM

Thats how I would have played it, only Q T, and J T, beat you, since you raised preplop, you can probably rule out these 2, hopefully you won, if not, bad beat my man.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preplop

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no content - this is one of my favorite typos ever. I may start calling it "The Plop."

Plop them cards down dere!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:22 PM

2 hands beat you at this point unless you have infinite reads you need to call down this pot, and if you are worried about capping, its one more bet, with that much in the pot, your odds of winning warrant a call, don't fold next time, you might win. I think you are about 70% to win from there. Raising or folding is a good strategy on the flop, but on the turn, you have the nuts, raise till it hurts, even if he has JT or QT, he only has 4 outs on the river to draw to his Full house, well I guess TT is possible, but only if you KNOW with 100% certainty he has a hand that beats you, you should fold, but I don't see how you can know that, if you are worried that he may have a Full House, just bet and call his raise, thats whats good about position. You won't lose 4 bets only 2.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're getting like 12:1 on a calldown even if it's capped and Kx (especially KJ/KT/K9) is a very real possibility. You've got the BB beat with an overstraight, and you beat part of CO's range often enough IMO (especially considering that if CO doesn't cap, you're getting something like 23:1). I'd probably call it and kick BB in the balls for overplaying his hand.

I'd also raise the nuts on the turn because we don't know if someone else will do it for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this summed up all my wayward thinking. I put CO on a probably set and,although I acknowledged that it may not be the case,
I didn't spend any time thinking about other possibilities.

The turn needed a raise, I felt sure that CO would raise if I called and may fold if I raise (an ongoing struggle- it is the same thing I do when I want people to fold so doing the oppoesite always seems like I'll trap them. CO called 2bets preflop often so this was foolish here.)

The hand played out pretty much as described above...

BB had the straight to the K
but CO had J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the boat

...so the laydown worked here, but I suspected it was crazy. Any thoughts to the intuitive, Phil Ivy like, "knowing you're beat" line of thinking...other than the obligatory "You're not Ivy, make the call!"?

Do non specific vibe readings have any place in online poker?