Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were you the fat kid
Yes 20 10.26%
No 175 89.74%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: BUBBLE!! uber small stack in bb A9 utg..

I voted thinking that the short guy really had 1200....so my vote was retarded.

I like calling, actually. You make sure the small stack doesn't get a walk...and the times you get reraised allin and shorty folds I don't mind having invested that 200 to make sure shorty loses 200. The toughest spot is if you get reraised allin and shorty calls. I'd leave this one up to reads but I don't mind calling or folding there.

call > fold > push > minraise

Yugoslav
Old 08-17-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet almost everyone will say fold, but I like pushing, why? cause it's what all the cool kids do.

Remember Apathy's Sng theorum, coming in third is like kissing your sister.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if yer adopted and yer sisters hot? would it be ok then? holla
Old 08-17-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...and another thing....

the 'i better fold here...big stack will take care of shortie' is usually a bad idea IMO. how much fun is it to have it fold around to SB, who does not have the hand to take out BB? then just for fun, it folds around next hand and he's pushing into YOUR BB!

not good.

#1 - big stack isn't always "tee-hee-hee, watch me push out that minraise punk". i don't know that 'keeping the bubble alive' is commonly practiced at this level. i believe all 3 parties have a shared interest in getting shortie out of there. you're offering to do it -- despite chip problems of your own.

#2 - hmmmmmmm, thought there was a #2.....it'll come to me

EDIT: oh yeah -- worst case: this hand is over with him holding t90 & you holding t875. being able to survive at least another lap around the track, are you REALLY any worse off before this hand? EDIT take2: ok, maybe not 'worst' case [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ps. for those that vote "fold", do you push this if your SB?? if so, then 'doubling/tripling him up' cannot be a concern of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright dammit - a cooool menthol under a full moon cleared some thinking (i think). i suppose calling IS better. if SB bailed for ANY reason, it'd save you t200. if he comes along against WHATEVER...you have the same net effect.

calling is better than pushing/folding though. how bout THAT? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet almost everyone will say fold, but I like pushing, why? cause it's what all the cool kids do.

Remember Apathy's Sng theorum, coming in third is like kissing your sister.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if yer adopted and yer sisters hot? would it be ok then? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are talking like Cruel Intentions here then yes, I come third ALL day.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
minraise. shortie just might bail (despite getting something like 8:1) if button or SB push back - in which case you fold. so be it...he's all-in next hand and you still have close to t1000 chips. if he comes along, i call. he has to beat both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I agree with miniraise, but i like your idea of giving shorty the possibility of folding based on the hope that you're about to make a mistake. What about limping? It might be interpreted as greater strength, the big stack might decide to extend the bubble and fold, and if he does push then shorty faces a very similar opportunity to make a mistake, and you've saved 200 chips when you fold.

If you just fold, what are the chances that the SB will fold to extend the bubble with no FE (not that he probably cares about losing that many chips)? I'd hate to fold and then see that happen.

I'd never think to do this in a game, but I guess that's why I'm reading instead of playing now.

X
Old 08-17-2005, 12:34 AM

I like this idea. I almost edited my above post to say something similar actually. But where is the picture of the hot chick with big breasts that I've grown accustomed to? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this idea. I almost edited my above post to say something similar actually. But where is the picture of the hot chick with big breasts that I've grown accustomed to? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm like really tired and accidentally posted about strategy (not even coerced by Unarmed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh...btw...here's something for your bad beats:

Yugoslav
Old 08-17-2005, 12:51 AM

I find this situation really interesting. As I am a newbie, I would really like to hear "the answer" and why. Personally I have a hard time seeing how you gonna outlast the shortstack if he doubles up this hand, so I am leaning towards pushing.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:58 AM

I think calling opens up the dream scenario for the big stack: You limp, he pushes, BB now is forced to choose between taking the enormous odds the pot is laying him or folding, hoping you'll bust out before him.

The more I think about this hand, the more it interests me. A thinking BB would realize that the big stack is pushing any 2 and you won't call without an absolute monster, so he really can't fold here and now has a shot at tripling up against "any 2" range and being almost even with you in chips.

I guess this is more the dream scenario for the BB.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:58 AM

I dislike pushing because there is no reason to risk making the money vs two unknown hands when your first to go.
A big stack could call and he could fold hoping for you to bust and he would limp into the money.

I dislike folding because you have a good chance to have the best hand out of all four and an even better chance just verse the small blind.

Raptor already said min raising was the worst, so...

I like calling because if one of the bigger stacks has a better hand they will let you know with a raise. If no one has a good hand they will just fold or call letting you see the flop and deciding whats best from there. Also by calling you would only have to put 290 total in the pot if he pushes instead of 400 by min raising without a worry of a reraise because his raise is not a full bet. Also by calling you put the pressure on the BB because if the big stack pushes he will have to act first deciding to fold or to call, which I think he will always call, no point in folding and leaving yourself with 90 so UTG can fold right behind you and bust you next hand. If does call you can decide to call aswell and end up:
1. beating the big stack and him.
2. both of you losing to the big stack and making the money.
3. having him beat you but you beat the big stack.
4. having him beat you and the big stack and busting out of the money.
I think calling gives you the best options out of all four options.