Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 08:31 PM

Default AA in a blind war

I'm lost throughout most hands postflop. Any comments appreciated. Opponents unknown. Simple thoughts by Vincent:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.
I have best hand, I press raise.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.
I didn't see him doing this w/ 2 spades. My plan was to c/r any turn spade or not. Well, I might not c/r a 6.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.
A complete blank. Cool, I think he's got a Jack, spades, or less. Basically I have no idea what's going on. Am I being a donk now? Should I have 3-bet the flop? Why?

River: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Maybe I should have bet this and called a raise (which prolly means I'm beat). I guess I figure he might be on spades, and there's no way he calls my bet, so I check thinking he'll fold to a c/r unless he has a jack or better. Maybe I c/r and fold to a 3-bet?

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 08-16-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: AA in a blind war

I would have threebet the flop and led the turn and slowed down if BB raised on the turn
Old 08-16-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have threebet the flop and led the turn and slowed down if BB raised on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Not much to add to that.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have threebet the flop and if only called led the turn and slowed down if BB raised on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

If capped on the flop, call down.

Rich
Old 08-17-2005, 02:50 AM

I put him on a six or a PP somehwere between the 6-J . Unless he's a total Idiot, he's not raisng a flush draw and he's not raisng a J here on the flop.

You need to bet this river, or check raise it.

The fact that he only called your checkraise on the turn means he doesn't have a J.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he only called your checkraise on the turn means he doesn't have a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my feeling as well.

Given that, i think you should lead the river, because it seems likely he would check behind with a worse hand, whereas he will likely call a bet.

What's the idea behind 3-betting the flop? If he's on a flush draw, then we want to raise for value, but why would he raise with a flush draw and face Button with two cold? If he has a J, we're hosed. If he has something else (which i agree is the most likely), then we're way ahead. Why slow him down by 3-betting the flop? I like the turn checkraise better.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:39 AM

Sexy the river.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:45 AM

I'd bet the river.

You're gonna get called by a K/mid PP all day long.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 AM

I like it. But bet-call the river.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 AM

I don't mind the flop call with the intention of checkraising the turn, but I'd have led the river there.