Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 98o - Standardish?

sorry if im not getting it. I say checkraise, to drive hands like QJo and Kxo out right? Because calling would get a lot of people holding these hands to stay in for one more sb? And therefor i say checkcalling is wrong because you almost HAVE TO improve on the turn to carry on? And that would be considered 'drawing'?

I dunno, im just not getting your answer or am misreading it? (my native language ain't english)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:16 PM

I don't understand why you don't think we have the odds here. We are getting 9.5:1 immediate here with 2 people to act behind us, with 4 solid outs, and one the completes a flush, and one backdoor straight draw. It's easy to fold the turn UI.

I see your argument but I don't think JT is ever folding, nor is any ace, nor is any two hearts, nor T9, and I think these comprise the majority of the hands that will cold call two here.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:21 PM

Looks fine to me. The only way I might play it differently is by betting out the flop if I thought the button would be the type to raise with and check through with small pairs or suited 20s (or worse). In general though against unknowns I like your line. There are way too many gutshot and backdoor drawing hands your opponents could have for you to not show some type of aggression on the flop. The turn checkfold and preflop call seem pretty standard.