Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Two turn checks

Same opponents, different reasons for checking the turn. Also looking for comments on Hand 2's river.

Hand 1: BB is the LAG, CO (poster) is the fish.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $7.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.80 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.40 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.40 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.40 BB

Hand 2: Button is the LAG, UTG is the fish.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
Old 08-16-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Two turn checks

I bet the turn in #1.

I'm undecided about the river bet in #2.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:13 AM

Hand 1: Good. Don't bet if you will be unsure of how to handle a checkraise. This applies here. Villian will probably bet a busted draw on the river after you check so you will still get the same amount from his draw.

Hand 2: I probably check this flop against 3 opponents because I won't ever pick up the flop with my bet. Betting isn't bad though as you might fold a J or 6. Turn check is fine. River bet is perfect.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:42 AM

i bet the turn in the first hand - the more i see the description LAG used in these forums the more i ignore it - in the 5/10 game i dont think i'm getting pushed off the better hand when my turn bet gets raised - i figure a turn raise means i am woefully and perhaps irretrievably behind so i fold

i'm not a big fan of betting the flop in hand 2 - one thing i hate about it is that i dont want to bet the flop and check the turn thereby announcing that my draw hasnt arrived

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-16-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the turn in the first hand - the more i see the description LAG used in these forums the more i ignore it - in the 5/10 game i dont think i'm getting pushed off the better hand when my turn bet gets raised - i figure a turn raise means i am woefully and perhaps irretrievably behind so i fold

i'm not a big fan of betting the flop in hand 2 - one thing i hate about it is that i dont want to bet the flop and check the turn thereby announcing that my draw hasnt arrived

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything u said. For me, it would be tough to fold to a turn check raise in Hand 1, although you are, of course, dead to AT or AJ, A9, A4 if thats what they are check raising u with in Hand 1...
Old 08-16-2005, 08:48 AM

I agree.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:00 AM

Both good.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2005, 12:05 PM

For those of you who say I shouldn't bet the flop in Hand 2; given that I did, do you bet the turn? Or are you check-calling flop and check-calling turn?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:23 PM

I might stab at this pot if the flop got checked thru. Otherwise, I'm check-calling.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:33 PM

do more people stab at boards like these when the flop gets checked through? Way too drawful for my taste to think i have a fair chance of taking the pot right there at a loose 5/10 party table. Am i wrong?