Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 09:41 PM

Default TDL 2-7: Rough 8 to start, villan goes pat -- now what?

Unfortunately, I have no real reads of value on either opponent here. That and I am not terribly good at TDL to begin with... -_-;;

It gets folded to me on the Button with 87632, and I raise to open. The SB and BB come along for the ride. SB peels 2, BB peels 1, I stand pat.

SB checks, then the BB bets into me (when I stood pat). Erm, sure. I get cute and decide to raise, and both the SB and BB call. At this point the SB does not seem terribly bright, and unless the BB is being extremely tricky he can not have a terribly well made hand (ie: no 7 here). The SB draws one, and the BB stands pat.

Should I break the 8 and draw to a 76 with 8 (probably 4-6 adjusted) outs at this point? What would the typical range of someone drawing 1 then standing pat into the PFR who stood pat on the first draw? Was even standing pat to start a mistake?

-K
Old 08-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: TDL 2-7: Rough 8 to start, villan goes pat -- now what?

This is a fairly close decision. With an 875, I'm staying aggressive here every time.

This hand is tough because you might have the second best hand and the SB has a draw to beat you. Your read of your opponent really decides your action.

Really though, it doesn't seem like your opponent likes his hand much. I'd stay aggressive until the BB starts raising you. Most of the time you'll have the BB beat.

The SB is the person you should really worry about. He's clearly on a draw that will beat you if it hits.

I'd stay pat and keep betting until someone raises me.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: TDL 2-7: Rough 8 to start, villan goes pat -- now what?

A spot where knowing the villan comes in quite a bit of handy. Lacking this knowledge, I'd stay pat with this unless I start gettting raised from BB or SB on the next round when it's apparent he hit goot.