Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2003, 12:16 AM

Default Hand to Ponder #55

This Hand to Ponder, which happened last weekend, was played in Las Vegas not at Uncle Thuong's noodle restaurant which has been normally the case. And it was a hand that was played by Antonio the dishwasher, not by me.

You see, Uncle Thuong's restaurant did very well during the first two quarters of 2003. As a result, he decided to close down the store for the weekend and rewarded everyone with a celebratory fully paid trip to Las Vegas. We all went on a six car caravan on the I-15 Freeway and drove 45 miles per hour on the fast lane, which is our normal custom when driving from Zzyzx to Las Vegas. We've always loved how people reacted to this standard practice. You should try it sometime. It's great fun!

Now on to our Hand to Ponder. While cousin Meng, his girlfriend Spring, Bong the Filipino pizza delivery boy, and I were waiting for our names to be called to the 30-60 holdem games, I noticed that Antonio the dishwasher was already in a game at the top section. So I approached him to ask him how he was doing. It turned out he was winning big in this 2,000-4,000 limit holdem game against some very famous players. This intrigued me so much so that I asked Antonio if I could sweat him for just one round. He said that it was okay if I did so, but only for one round. He didn't want his concentration to be messed up by a heavy breathing sweater like myself.

Here is one of the hands that he played (note: I have disguised his opponents' names in order to protect their true identities).

The game was 2,000-4,000 limit holdem, 9 handed. Antonio was dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the big blind. Bobby the Bald Owl limped from early position. Lyle Beerman raised from middle position. Everyone to his left including Chip Rizzo, who was on the button, folded. But The Texas Doll called from the small blind. Antonio called the raise from the big blind and so did the Bald Owl.

Four people saw the flop of 9-7-5 of different suits, giving Antonio two pair. Everyone checked to Lyle Beerman who bet. Then the Texas Doll checkraised from first position! Antonio thought for a few seconds and just called. The Bald Owl called behind him and so did pre-flop raiser and flop bettor Lyle Beerman.

The turn brought a 5, making the board 9-7-5-5 rainbow and giving Antonio fullhouse. The Texas Doll, who checkraised the flop, bet. Antonio called and so did Bobby the Bald Owl. Then Lyle Beerman raised! All three players then called.

The river brought an irrelevant deuce. Antonio bet. Bobby the Bald Owl looked at the board, shook his head, and then folded. Lyle Beerman just called. And the Texas Doll folded.

Old 08-10-2003, 12:25 AM

Default Results

Lyle Beerman showed KK, and Antonio the Dishwasher took down a huge pot. He excitedly tipped the happy Bellagio dealer 200 bucks.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:59 AM

Default This story is ridiculous

No one ever tips the dealers at Bellagio $200.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Hand to Ponder #55

What happened to Hands to Ponder numbers 33-54?
Old 08-11-2003, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Hand to Ponder #55

Antonio is having them? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]