Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Offsuit cards from the BB

Picture this:
Stars 2/4 6max:

someone posts UTG and checks, next guy (24/8/.8 after 30 hands) raises, CO folds, button cold-calls, SB folds, and you have QT in the BB.
Call or fold? What about with KT or JT? How low do you go in this spot?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:34 AM

Default I prefer connected cards

With 3 opponents in a raised pot, getting 7.5:1 - I call a lot of suited hands here, but not many offsuit. Being out of position in a raised pot, i can't see playing KJo or even ATo here. It sucks playing high card hands out of position.

However, QJo, JTo and even QTo i will call with 3 players in the pot in front of me because they are connected. Those times you do flop a straight or 2 pair, it's actually beneficial to be in EP so you can check-raise the field after most of them called the preflop raiser's bet. The combined chances of the nut straight, 2 pair, trips, or a boat are prolly just enough to make these hands playable (but only because you have huge implied odds). The next tier of offsuit connectors (T9, 98, J9, T8) i'll call if 4 players are in the pot giving me 9.5:1.

BTW, i fold any of these hands on the flop unless i have top pair on an uncoordinated board or better.