Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Heads up w/ KQs

Heads up against an unknown it's sort of hard to say since it should really be all about your opponent heads up. If he is capping pf legitimately then it seems to me like you could be in big trouble. Your best case scenarios in my mind are him having AJ, AT or 99. Obviously you have a big draw and top pair, but there aren't any other broadway hands you're beating. Maybe if he's really crazy he's making a crying raise with 77 or 88 on the flop?

Against an unknown player I'd prefer to check-call him to the river, unless you know that he's hyper-aggressive and likely to have a holding like Ax or Kx I see no value in playing the hand more aggressively. Also, even though you obviously want to be pretty aggressive hu, occassionally checking and calling with a strong hand can help psychologically in the match to discourage your opponent from bluffing, plus if he is bluffing you get the most value by checking and calling to showdown.

If he has AK, QQ, JJ, TT or probably KK then you can probably expect him to raise if you lead the turn or 3-bet if you check-raise the turn.