Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 01:07 PM

Default I\'m a LAG at 200 NL Party

My prf% is 15 and I almost always continuation bets and take the pots down. In some hands this has led to some problems knowing where Im at since people have started to call me down with bottompair and playing back with purebluffs.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP: ~$200
Hero: $450

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>. (CONVERTER SCREWED UP AT ALL STREETS)
MP raises to $8, Hero re-raises to $18, SB calls, MP folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $40, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB is all-in, Easiest call in the world?

SB is a smart player who either has aces, set or a straight. Some really strong MADE hand.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: I\'m a LAG at 200 NL Party

raising 15% does not make you a lag at all, i raise 13% at 200nl 6 max and im not close to a lag.

what are you doing preflop, i dont see how raising to 18 puts you in a good position. you havent mentioned a read on him yet but i dont think ill fold here.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:22 PM

His all-in is less than the pot, you have top 2 pair and a flush draw. And you wonder if you should call?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:23 PM

your response wasnt to me, right?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:24 PM

you failed to say how much SB had in his stack. also, if he had Aces or a straight, he is not a very smart player.

cheers!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:24 PM

no, not you. i just don't think there is much thought to this specific hand.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:28 PM

I call. If you're playing LAG, then this is exactly the kind of situation you are are striving to create. His line is pretty wierd if he has either a set of straight, I think you are good a large majority of the time here and even when you are not, no matter what he turns over, you will always have outs...
Old 08-13-2005, 01:35 PM

I don't think prf% @ 15 defines you as a LAG at all. But I guess betting every street after you raise preflop would seem that you are capable of bluffing alot on the latter streets.

I'm confused about what happened with the converter. Did MP raise, you re-raise, and SB call out of position? Or did MP just call.

If SB called ur re-raise OOP, I'd give him credit for a pair. I don't think a drawing hand calls here if he is a smart player. Raise/re-raise he can't call with JT or AQ, IMO. I don't think he has AA/KK because if he did try to slowplay, that flop is scary for his hand, I think he would at least raise if not push this flop with AA/KK. With QQ he might already fear AA/KK with the re-raise, so cold-call to minimize losses. I think he most likely has a set, but on the turn. I dunno if I could lay this down at the time... A big question is how deep is SB's stack?

I think he has QQ. Anyone else?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:50 PM

call...you have a lot of outs if your beaten, which I dont think is THAT likely...maybe 60%. Still +ev here
Old 08-13-2005, 08:51 PM

Easiest call ever.

edit: Thought it was MP who pushed. In that case, close. You have not that much equity against a set, slightly more aginst a straight (about 25%). You're not getting nearly that in pot odds, and I don't know how often you are ahead.