Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Battle of the blinds: TT

Villain is 51/24/1.2 over 33 hands, no particular read

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

I wasn't really sure about the flop and turn calls in this tiny little pot. The river fold was pretty easy.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds: TT

3-bet the flop and lead the turn. If he caps the flop or raises the turn, find a fold. As played I think the river fold isn't bad, but I think that a lot of the time he's putting a move on you here. I find a lot of people with lag-ish preflop stats often go to war with nothing over the blinds...

edit: what I meant to say there was - if he caps the flop and raises the turn, fold.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:39 PM

Did you consider 3-betting the flop? Couldn't he be raising two clubs? I think my hand is still best and 3-bet.

If he doesn't cap, I'll lead the turn as well. If he raises my turn bet then, I have a decision to make...call down or fold. I'm not sure which would be most correct.

If he just called the turn, I would probably puss out and check-call the river. The flush got there and a second overcard got there, but I'm not folding to his single river bet once I check to him. He'll bluff plenty once I check...it will just suck when he makes his flush or hits his J-10.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:28 PM

I'd rather run the stop n go in a situation like this. Call the flop bet and lead the turn blank. If he raises you can toss it. If he calls, I think you could check fold the river club.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:32 PM

I wouldn't fold this on any street in a million years.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider 3-betting the flop? Couldn't he be raising two clubs? I think my hand is still best and 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my reasoning:
Yes, he could have 2 clubs, but there isn't much value in 3betting when he has the draw. I'm behind to a Q and a 3 so I'm beating over/high cards (he would have probably reraised those PF), a lower pp (he will often raise PF), a flush draw (not alot of value in 3betting) and a bluff at this point. A postflop AR of 1.2 doesn't seem high enough to really suspect a bluff (I don't say it's impossible tough), so I think a 3bet will basically only be for info, cause there isn't value in it.

Is this too weak? On what range do others put him? Is there value in a flop 3bet?

I still think the river fold is ok. I only beat a bluff here most of the time, but it doesn't seem likely he's been doing that all the way