Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 10:33 AM

Default I\'ve been infected...

I seem to have caught FPS. I've made this play before and it's worked either because they have folded or i got lucky on the turn. Is this a bad semi-bluff? Should i just leave this one at home?

Sorry converter is screwed up...

Table Table 36672 (6 max) (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: slips28 ( $45.55)
Seat 2: steel61 ( $0)
Seat 3: david_greg ( $131.99)
Seat 4: Darthdale ( $45.95)
Seat 5: mircea01 ( $74.17)
Seat 6: owu_tommy_02 ( $18.05)
slips28 posts small blind (0.25)
david_greg posts big blind (0.50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to slips28 [ 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Darthdale folds.
mircea01 raises (2) to 2
slips28 calls 1.50
david_greg calls 2
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
slips28 checks.
david_greg bets (5)
mircea01 folds.
slips28 raises (15) to 15
david_greg raises (45) to 50
slips28 folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $69.20 | Rake: $1.80
Board: [ 3c 7h 6h ]

I feel like on a low board in a raised pot, that is often a contunation bet with overs or a flush or straight draw, which i can push out. Anyhow, blast away. ALl comments appreciated.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: I\'ve been infected...

I prefer leading out, or calling and seeing a turn card.

But I don't think your line is too bad at all.

No reads on villain, so perhaps this is not reasonable, but if we put him on a hand range of AA-22, AKs-A6s, AKo-ATo, KQo, KQs-KJs, QJs, JTs after he calls the preflop raise then you have 56% equity here. If he's loose preflop this range will go way up, and your equity will increase.

But once he bets (into the preflop raiser) we should restrict the hand range somewhat - AA-33, AKs-AJs, AKo, 76s, 54s which would give you 41% equity. With that range you still have a lot of fold equity here and the raise is still ok, but again I think leading out is more effective.

Its obviously somewhat arbitrary to assign these hand ranges, but it can have its uses I think.

# leading out is of course leading out into two opponents, which has a lower success rate, but I think your hand is strong enough and the board safe enough to warrant this. Adjusting play based on opponent tendencies is of course recommended.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:52 PM

it isnt the pf raiser who bets the flop though, its the bb.

if it was the pf raiser then i like this move from time to time. when its the bb leading into the pf raiser i think its chip spewing the majority of the time.

paul
Old 08-13-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it isnt the pf raiser who bets the flop though, its the bb.

if it was the pf raiser then i like this move from time to time. when its the bb leading into the pf raiser i think its chip spewing the majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Also, if you are going to try this move I would't do it on a 2-tone board with connectors on it. You really want to win the pot right there, and give it up. With this kind of board if you get called you'll have no idea where you are.