Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Default WSOP Circuit....anyone played?

The circuit is coming to Caesar's Indiana, and I plan on playing in the smaller events ($300 and $500 events) and trying the sats for the main event.

Given the fact that Caesar's Indiana is in Southern Indiana (B.F.E. about 20 miles Northwest of Louisville, KY) I was thinking this may be a good opportunity to play in a WSOP Circuit Main Event without a crap ton of pros to compete with. I'm sure a few will probably fly in but I'm guessing a bunch of the rounders won't bother.

Anyway, my only experience with big buy-in tourneys has been online in the Sunday guaranteeds on a few online sites.

Does anyone know how much play the WSOP circuit tourneys allow in the smaller events? What to expect? Is there time to play super tight or will it be pretty much the same as a Sunday tourney online except for the obvious differences such as tells etc...

Any help, thoughts, suggestions greatly appreciated!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: WSOP Circuit....anyone played?

The structure for the smaller events isnt the best. I believe most will be 1500 starting chips. The $300 will be 1000 and maybe even the 500. 50 minute structures. Not sure if that is how it will be at Indiana or not but that is how it is or was somewhere. Call them. I'll be there for every event.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:02 AM

The structures are actually pretty good when you compare them to the actual RIO WSOP events. Click on the appropriate events to see the structure.

WSOP Undercard Structures

Looks like the 300 and 500 events offer the same exact structure as the $1500 WSOP Rio tourneys. When you play, beware of level 4, it's quite a jump and can hit you fast. The sweet spot is level 5 when the antes kick in.

Good luck.

[EDIT] These are actually the structures for Tunica, but I suspect the others will be similar.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:34 PM

I played event #1 in Tunica ($340NL). The structure is very fast and the players know it. We had 700 runners to start and got all 175 alternates in before the first break (2 40 minute levels).

1500 chips to start. 25/25, 25/50 and 50/100 are the first three levels (the only ones I experienced [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) so you have to be ready to get all-in with any hand you play at level 3 if you're still where you started or worse.

I don't know how these compare to other live tourneys since this was only my second B&M tourney, but it definitely felt more like an online tourney than the WSOP ME.

I'll be back on Tuesday for the next $340NL. If anyone is going to be there, PM me so I can meet you (if you're interested).

Later,
Che
Old 08-13-2005, 04:17 PM

What is the payout structure on these smaller events? I know it depends on the number of players, but roughly how many paid spots are there. I plan on playing in one of the smaller events and it will be my first. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 04:25 PM

When is this happening...I do training in Louisville and would LOVE to schedule a trip for that week!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:28 PM

The whole thing starts Oct 19th I believe.