Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: What hands do you guys limp with?

Are you serious? You'd limp with AJs but raise with AJ in the same circumstances? Do you limp with AKs and raise with AKo? Come on!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:03 AM

If the table is loose (on average 4 or more people see the flop), I'll EP limp with:

Pocket pairs 22-99
AJo
KQo
KQs-KTs (sometimes raising with KQs)
QJs-QTs
JTs
(basically any two suited cards ten or higher)
Old 08-13-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the table is loose (on average 4 or more people see the flop), I'll EP limp with:

Pocket pairs 22-99
AJo
KQo
QJs-QTs
JTs

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise 99, KQo, and KQs all the time and sometimes 88.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:07 AM

I'm sorry to every one that I write garbage every once in a while... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I partially do it cause I am stupid, but I am curious of peoples' opinions. Maybe I could word things better.

Is there every a reason to limp in first from ep other than with small pp? Is there every a reason to limp in first anywhere,mp?
Old 08-13-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pocket pairs 22-99
AJo
KQo
QJs-QTs
JTs

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this. I guess even in passive games I never limp those small pairs. And I raise the KQ suited or not pretty well everytime.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to every one that I write garbage every once in a while... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I partially do it cause I am stupid, but I am curious of peoples' opinions. Maybe I could word things better.

Is there every a reason to limp in first from ep other than with small pp? Is there every a reason to limp in first anywhere,mp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Axs can be good at the right tables too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 12:09 AM

Well it depends on the table, and yr reads on the other players, and yr relation to them. I think ppl start asking this when they realize that, despite the SSHE chart, you can't apply a strict formula. There is open limping, limping with one in, 2 in, etc. In short, there are too many variables to apply a tidy formula to this.

Speaking VERY generally, limp in ep with all pocket pairs below 99, K9s-JTs, Axs. Offsuit broadway is usually raise or fold.

I usually raise KJs, 99 and up, ATs, AJo. QJs I usually raise too.

You need to keep in mind that the later you act the less you should be open limping. Once you get to the hijack you should never open limp. Some would say MP2 instead, and I would be inclined to agree most of the time.

EDIT: I don't care if this is blasphemy -- SSHE would be a better book without those charts.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:11 AM

so you think it is correct ot limp in ep with JTs and QJS, personally I fold JTs, and raise (while not being happy) QJs. I hate QJ
Old 08-13-2005, 12:12 AM

Don't apologize for writing "garbage". It all has value as it makes us think. And that's how you learn.

Limping with weak suited high cards from EP seems appropriate because they perform well in multiway pots.

A reason I would limp in MP would be if I had a speculative hand like 98s and the few people left to act were extremely loose and there was still a good chance of getting a multiway pot.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Optimum play on this? (more to come)

Yeah, the more I think about it (even w/o seeing the posts crying BET OUT), I got a little too fancy, and then didn't even carry through with my plan when it didn't happen 100% optimally. Thx for the comments. Let the limp/raise discussion continue [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]