Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Interesting hand at the Commerce 4/8

I played about a 4-5 hour session last night. This hand came about halfway through, so my reads are pretty decent.

I have TsTh in the BB. Two LAGgish limpers in MP, Button (LA-P) raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, first LAG limper caps for fun, other limper cold calls 3, button calls, I call. 4 to the flop for 4 bets each (16 SB).

Flop: 7 2 3, all hearts. I check, cap-for-fun-guy (villain) bets, two calls, I raise, villain 3-bets, two folds, I 4-bet, Villain 5-bets, I call*.

[*At my local club, the cap comes off only on streets that *begin* heads up, so I thought my 4-bet was a cap. But at commerce, I guess any time it gets heads up during play, the cap comes off. So I was a bit stunned by his 5-bet, and just called.]

Turn: 4c. I check-call his bet. He is waving a $100 bill at me from across the table to let me know that even though he's about out of chips, he's ready to go as many bets as it takes.

River: 9h. I check-call his bet.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand at the Commerce 4/8

[ QUOTE ]
first LAG limper caps for fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:41 PM

I like betting the flop too. Let LAG raise and charge the others with 2sb to hit overcards. If they don't have hearts, but have hands like AJ and KQ, a lot of cards can come on the turn to burn your hand and they'll have to fold the flop instead of calling 2 cold.

I have a bad feeling LAG went nuts with the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and got there on the river.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like betting the flop too. Let LAG raise and charge the others with 2sb to hit overcards. If they don't have hearts, but have hands like AJ and KQ, a lot of cards can come on the turn to burn your hand and they'll have to fold the flop instead of calling 2 cold.

I have a bad feeling LAG went nuts with the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and got there on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

My play charges them two cool too (I suspect he's 3-betting) with the added advantage that in a soft game a flop check-raise can often freeze a weak hand that might otherwise peel one off for a couple bets.

I suspect I'm up against hands with a single middle-to-big heart or maybe a wheel draw. A check-raise might fold off the Jh or Qh that might coldcall otherwise. I don't think the Kh or Ah is going anywhere no matter what the action.