Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Pot unexpectedly huge with AK (so I crawl into a hole)

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (17 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

I don't expect that kind of preflop looseness at a Stars ring game, table stats werent that high either. I just didnt know when to throw in a raise. Should I raise the turn to clean up my king outs? Raise the river with TSTK? River raiser is a newb who was involved in a terrible hand just a second ago so I disregarded him.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Pot unexpectedly huge with AK (so I crawl into a hole)

I would consider raising this flop to try and clean up a few outs and maybe pick up a free card. Given that you didn't I would like to raise the turn. You have pretty good equity here. Given that you didn't I would have raised the river.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Pot unexpectedly huge with AK (so I crawl into a hole)

What about raising the flop? Then you can force MP3, button, and CO to call 2 cold and probably fold out some high cards. Pot is big already, and you have a one ended straight as well as your overcards.

Plus BB may stop betting and you can lead out the turn when your ace falls. I'd bet/raise the river as well. At that point there just aren't that many reasonable hands we lose to, given the action. If BB is holding a full house, que sera sera (stole that from another post today...don't remember who to credit).