Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 01:28 PM

Default 400nl, I hate my line

I have villan covered, he has about 400. Folded to me in sb, I limp with 33 (first bad play) BB checks.

Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I bet 8, into 8 pot. Villan min riases me. I call. Turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check villan bets almost pot, 36. I MIN RAISED! UGH!

what would you guys do instead of that ugly min riase?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: 400nl, I hate my line

mini-raise the fucker right back on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 01:38 PM

I have to think bottom set is good here in a blind vs blind hand. On a ragged board he probably has A with a middle kicker like 10-6. At best, I think you are up against 2 pair. Bet as much as you think will get called here.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to think bottom set is good here in a blind vs blind hand. On a ragged board he probably has A with a middle kicker like 10-6. At best, I think you are up against 2 pair. Bet as much as you think will get called here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, obviously Im good, Im not asking wether Im ahead, but rather what line is the most profitable, form the turn on.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:39 PM

I would check call the flop...reraise x 4 on turn and hope villain pushes
Old 08-12-2005, 01:50 PM

Another example of the desavantage of being out of position.

The pot bet of your opponent on the turn mean he have a good kicked ace at least I think.
The main problem with your check-raise is that he could understand he his beat and fold his one pair hads right there. So you are left hoping he have two pairs.

Another line would be to just call and open bet the river or go for the river check-raise. I think you could get more money from the one pair Ace hand and at least the same money against the two pairs hands.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:07 PM

Raise the pot - after you call his 36 there is about $100 in there, so raise by about that (put in $136).

Push the river if he calls (pot would then be ~$300 so you would be making about an 80% pot size bet).

You have a set, he hopefully has a good ace or two pair. Play to double up.

Depending on the player he gets away on the turn from many ace holdings, but he probably gets away from the same hands given the min raise anyway.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:10 PM

I hate the minraise. You are saying you have a monster after the flatcall on the flop, raise on the turn. I like a reraise on the flop. Since you didn't. I would call this bet and make it look like you are committed to calling down. Maybe he'll fire another big bet on the river trying to push you around. If you call here, and he leads the river for the pot again, it will be around $100....then you can raise THAT bet and get a bunch of money in here.

I'm thinking you lost him when you minraised the turn.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the minraise. You are saying you have a monster after the flatcall on the flop, raise on the turn. I like a reraise on the flop. Since you didn't. I would call this bet and make it look like you are committed to calling down. Maybe he'll fire another big bet on the river trying to push you around. If you call here, and he leads the river for the pot again, it will be around $100....then you can raise THAT bet and get a bunch of money in here.

I'm thinking you lost him when you minraised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no way of getting a ton of money into this pot without letting on that you have a big hand. It's ok, his hand is strong to, probably 2 pair. You're trying to get his whole stack into the pot, but it may be impossible given the non-existant preflop action. I think the min-raise and river 2/3 pot bet is the best way to maximize your earn here. If he really has 2 pair he's not going to get away from it with those bets.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:59 PM

Re-raise the flop. Min-raise is strong, he's not likely to fold. He probaby has at least top pair just pump the pot. Re-raise the flop, bet the turn 2/3 pot, bet the river half pot.