Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Realizing my big pair is beat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have 8 outs on the turn if he has 2 pair? I think. Add that to the slight chance that he's overplaying some random AJ or KJ or something and subtract the chance that he has T8 or osmething stupid and you are drawing dead, and you played this fine, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two K outs. I like those.
He could have 2 pair that I could counterfeit, but....what two pair does he have? But I guess it doesn't matter if I'm just going to call when the board pairs, minimizing the reverse-implied-odds, which means my turn and river calls were OK.

Phew, glad we got to the bottom of that.

(He had 76o).

[/ QUOTE ]

You nailed it right on the head.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:39 PM

Unless the opponent is passive, I'm definitely 3betting hand 3. Tons of people will try to bluff you off AK here.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Hand 1:
I like to check the turn and call the river here, same cost as your line, but we get to show down. People on party sometimes play drunk and so i like to showdown hands like this.

Hand 2:
very read dependant, I think against an unknown i call his flop raise and raise him on the turn. then it plays out like it did for you.

hand 3:
looks good
Old 08-11-2005, 08:10 PM

i really wish u'd put the stakes in the post..

Hand 1: At 10/20+ for example hand 1, could quite probably be a c/r semi-bluff from a missed draw which contained the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] rather than the 2 pair u'd expect in 5/10 and below.

Hand 2: Based on ur opps Pf action i like it i think that when the river pairs it makes your call even easier. Seems like the river bet is a bluff of TPWK.

Hand 3: I'd 3 Bet the turn, u've got the nut flush draw if ur not already ahead, gotta nasty call down if ur capped and u miss the river, but thats poker.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3
Part of me wants to 3-bet the turn since I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this. Will he raise something like KJs UTG? Will he not cap preflop with QQ? I think slowing down when you did is probably fine.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this depends on your table image and who had been playing back at you with sub-par hands. I am three betting that turn against alot of players.