Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Frequent decision

About 20 minutes from leaving work you feel the need to drop an anchor. Not live and death urgent, but compelling enough that it will be your first order of business when you get home, should you choose to delay. Assuming the commute home is 20 minutes, what's your play? Immediate gratification or wait and pinch a loaf with home field advantage?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Frequent decision

I like the home field advantage. I usually go this route and hope for no significant delays on my way home - this play can be dangerous.

Unless you are comfortable with the drop off point go with home field.

Wait for home. The toliet paper is better and if you're a bathroom reader, your library is there. You can take care of other business too, if you are so inclined.

[ QUOTE ]
About 20 minutes from leaving work you feel the need to drop an anchor. Not live and death urgent, but compelling enough that it will be your first order of business when you get home, should you choose to delay. Assuming the commute home is 20 minutes, what's your play? Immediate gratification or wait and pinch a loaf with home field advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I used to go into the bathroom and build meself a nice birds nest. Holding poo for any lenght of time is not fun. Let er rip.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're working in a shithole (pun vaguely intended), I can't see how waiting until you're home is superior, unless the delayed gratification really does something extra for you.

My roommate would frequently bail out when we were hanging out with people because he wanted to go home to drop an ordinary, non-GI-distressed deuce. I can't say that I really get this.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About 20 minutes from leaving work you feel the need to drop an anchor. Not live and death urgent, but compelling enough that it will be your first order of business when you get home, should you choose to delay. Assuming the commute home is 20 minutes, what's your play ? Immediate gratification or wait and pinch a loaf with home field advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your best play is to stop using this tired expression.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not live and death urgent

[/ QUOTE ]

omg i <3 how smrt u r.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're working in a shithole (pun vaguely intended), I can't see how waiting until you're home is superior, unless the delayed gratification really does something extra for you.

My roommate would frequently bail out when we were hanging out with people because he wanted to go home to drop an ordinary, non-GI-distressed deuce. I can't say that I really get this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work across the street from work, which made afternoon naps and walking home to drop a deuce a nice luxury.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:27 PM

Im going with the immediate gratification...It's a nice way to burn those last 20 minutes and your commute home wont be interrupted with bubblegut.