Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 02:11 AM

Default 10/20 Party QQ in the bb

I ($2650) am in the BB with red QQ. UTG($3700), MP($3650), and CO($1000) limp. SB completes. I make it 100 to go. ALL CALL. The pot is $500.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The small blind checks. I bet 300. I debated going for a c/r here with 3 players still to act... But with multiple draws out, I thought it may be too risky.

Comments so far?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Party QQ in the bb

The raise preflop is too small and leads to players calling like dominoes thanks to huge odds. I like 150.

Your flop bet is too small as well, unless you're trying to get raised and push over the top. Like you said, there are a lot of draws, and five players seeing the flop. I think this would be a good time for a full pot bet, or at least 425.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:01 AM

pot flop. this 300 bet is too obvious when someone comes over the top and you push and it is too small to price out draws. i think half the deck is scary on the turn.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:41 PM

you cant afford to check here on the chance that one of the three people left will bet, because if they decided to take a free card there are so many action killing cards and now you have absolutely no idea what anyone has. you gotta pot it.