Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Poker Friendly Wireless places?

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me as im computer illiterate but is doing this completely safe? Can someone get info from your computer when you log onto someone elses wireless network? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think it is completely safe but neither is driving 85 MPH or crossing the street.

I run as firewall so I hope that protects me. My biggest fear is not Panera (they advertise free wifi) it is other patrons using the wifi to hack my lappy.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Poker Friendly Wireless places?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me as im computer illiterate but is doing this completely safe? Can someone get info from your computer when you log onto someone elses wireless network? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think it is completely safe but neither is driving 85 MPH or crossing the street.

I run as firewall so I hope that protects me. My biggest fear is not Panera (they advertise free wifi) it is other patrons using the wifi to hack my lappy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your main concern would be the data that is being transmitted to and from your laptop. That is where they will capture the passwords, etc that you send to sites while you are on the network.