Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Turn play with the nut flush.

MP2 is LAG
UTG+1 is an unknown.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font> Hero?

If I raise, there's a good chance UTG+1 is gonna go away. If I call and UTG+1 still folds I lost a chance to win 1 more BB. What's the play?

Btw, I have no idea why I did not bet the flop. Must be multitabling. I was sure I did bet it, but I just noticed I did not [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Turn play with the nut flush.

Bet the flop.

Raise the turn.

Bet the river.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.

Raise the turn.

Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I play it.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:22 AM

I dont like the PF call against an unknown, but I'm pretty weak PF. As for the flop, you gotta bet it
Old 08-11-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.

Raise the turn.

Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'd consider folding preflop, but it's not too bad. At least there was another cold caller in between.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 AM

you must raise that turn. Many people seem to care too much about whether someone will fold if they raise. So what if the guy does? It is most likely that he will think you are bluffing and call you down. Obviously this guy thinks he has a hand, and he might even re-raise you. I can say this because it happens all the time.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:51 AM

Bet the flop.

I would consider calling the turn here. If you call, there's a good chance UTG+1 will hang around. If you raise, there's a good chance he will go away. Either way it's 2 extra bets in the pot, whether it's 1 from each opp or 2 from mp2.

However, on the river you may be able to get another bet in as well by allowing UTG+1 to stay around. There is almost 0% chance that anyone has a live draw, so slowplaying isn't going to hurt you.

By slowplaying, there's a good chance mp2 will bet again on the river, allowing you to trap him for an extra bet. If you raise the turn instead, you might get him to check into you and get one less bet.

This seems like a testbook slowplay to me. Although things would likely be different if you bet the flop (which you should have done).

Hrmm.. that came out a bit "rambly" ohh well it's 1 in the morning and i'm on my way to bed.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:59 AM

Were you tilting when you played this hand? This one is all kinds of messed up man. I saw your post in the 1000 hands thread and you were talking left and right about bad beats....well this is just plain bad play.

Brad
Old 08-11-2005, 01:04 AM

Nah. I was definetly sure I had bet the flop. Most propably I checked because I was paying attention at another table. I don't know about the pf cold call though. I think it's borderline but maybe I should have folded. I don't feel like I'm tilting. My pf play is still the same. I don't have that attitude to call with a junk hand just to make up for a bad beat. Maybe my tilting is cold calling in marginal situations.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM

Tilting isn't just playing bad cards. Its you see a good hand but overplaying it. I had taken a rough couple of hands and I ended up limping T9s UTG. I felt I did this because I was on tilt a bit. I can still manage to fold 72 but I will make mistakes with better hands.