Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 PM

Default A7s UTG - How would you play it

UTG+1 is very fishy LP-P, BB is TA-P

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
Old 08-10-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: A7s UTG - How would you play it

Why would you ever check to a LPP?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 PM

I fold this most of the time pre-flop depending on table conditions because I hate getting in situations like this with top pair and a shitty kicker. middle to late position is ideal for Axs when you know you'll have a few people along for the ride and nobody has raised. Other than that, and some people may even disagree with the above statement playing 2/4 I would have called the turn and river.

I am interested in seeing comments on this hand though.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:55 PM

I don't understand why you went for the C/R since UTG is LPP. He'll be happy to check behind his 93o and bet hands that beat you. Just bet.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:56 AM

I don't like C/R this turn at all. You are often outkicked as is. If you want to bet out the flop then you need to bet the turn and fold to a raise on the turn.

I might c/r the flop and lead the turn. If you are 3 bet then fold the turn UI. If you get popped on the turn then fold. This is a weak holding and you need to make some moves.

Oh and i muck this preflop too. Don't limp with this until like +2 at best and only if lots of callers unless you are really comfortable playing this hand, which from this post you need a little more work first.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:16 AM

I'm pretty sure I'd fold this hand preflop on most tables. The flop bet looks pretty standard. I don't really like the turn check at all. Seeing this turn get checked through would be terrible IMO. I think you're better off leading out here as we're unlikely to get raised. Check raising a passive opponent can be a dangerous play as they will not likely bet. I understand that you want to get that extra bet in there, but I don't really think it is worth it long term.

Durs