Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: A hand from a first time poster

[ QUOTE ]
Good point damaniac. It's usually not a good idea to bet into 5 players with A high but I was assuming 1 or 2 of the posters would fold preflop to a raise but this is obviously speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No folding this pre-flop for 1BB when we're already half invested, and there is so much money in. I think even some of the more conservative(read tight) posters here would hesitate to fold.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks alot for the advice so far. I can definitely see where 1)I need to not be playing scared from the blinds and 2) protect my hand instead of trying anything fancy. I am definitely going to start posting hands more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:32 PM

Grunch (that is what it is called right?)

Anyway I don't like the check pre flop too many posters to see a free flop. AQ is a raising hand from the BB if you ask me.

FLop play was good

I would of bet the turn to encourage drawing callers as once the river comes those who missed whatever they were drawing to are going to fold to a bet. Where as they might call the turn.

Those are my thoughts
(Hides in corner waiting for a flaming from an experienced player) [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 11:34 PM

You rang?

hahaha
Old 08-10-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks alot for the advice so far. I can definitely see where 1)I need to not be playing scared from the blinds and 2) protect my hand instead of trying anything fancy. I am definitely going to start posting hands more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post (FYP) not trying to be mean at all I just wanted to emphasize that if you take nothing from this first post of yours take this (bold part). Though it's a combination of protecting your hand and raising for value when you have the best hand. Yes you won this hand but you could have gotten more out of it. Make those on draws pay to see that their draw won't make it and make second best hands shovel you their money. Someone much smarter than I said. (paraphrased) "fish like to call, I like to let them"

And of course welcome to the micros, If all of your hand, and response posts have the thought you put in between the streets of this one you will improve. Don't be afraid man you're in a great place
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM

This isn't a fancy play.

It's just that betting is better.