Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Questionable on every street

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you bet a hand that can only be called by something that beats it? Obviously there are plenty of idiots out there though lol.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I said it was a bad value bet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 PM

More importantly, don't count on your opponents to do what seems "right" in these situations.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:53 AM

I think limping on third is OK, but with a King and a Queen gone, you probably wouldn't be too bad off if you just folded.

I like the bet on fourth. You can represent a flush draw, which may encourage people to fold later on if you make a third open diamond, which will probably be to your benefit. No one is really showing much, so you just might have the best hand anyway.

I like the bet on fifth. When the guy with the Eights just checked, it looks to me like that's all he has. Give these guys a chance to fold. Give them a chance to call, for that matter.

While you will occasionally be drawing dead on sixth, it's pretty likely that you have a zillion outs and should therefore call.

I think the raise on the river is awful. From his standpoint, betting with only Kings and Eights is absolutely terrible. Worse hands will fold and better hands will raise or at least call. True, some people will bet when their entire hand is on board, but even people who will make this bet won't do so every time. I think that even bad players will know enough to check here most of the time. I think that when he bets out, it's fairly like that he's full. In any case, you're not strong enough to lay 2:1 that your hand is good.