Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Help me fold the river.

I'm currently scrutinizing every hand, looking for subtle misplays.

MP is a very loose 82/13/3.44. He'll bet a lot of things on the flop and bet his good draws to the river.
Button is also loose , and is almost out of chips.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Wow, I can never find a fold against an unknown on the river, but maybe now is the time?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Help me fold the river.

Nah. I don't fold here.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 AM

I'm not folding here either
Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 AM

Is checking the flop OK here too?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:45 AM

I'm checking this flop every time.

With 3 other peoople in the hand and a drawishy board your bet isn't getting anyone to fold here, and you don't want to pay 2 SB to see the turn with A high
Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 AM

Meh, I'd bet because I probably have the best hand and want to get SB out.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:51 AM

with a vpip of over 80% and an aggression factor of almost 3.5 I don't think you can even think about folding the river unless his AF is misleading. i.e. he bets a lot, but doesn't raise or doesn't check raise much. either way giving up a whole pot to SUCH AN AGGRO opponent isn't on my list of things to do in a day so I call the river.

Checking the flop is fine. It's not likely that you're ahead and you're out of position. Checking to see what happens is just fine.

-WT
Old 08-10-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with a vpip of over 80% and an aggression factor of almost 3.5 I don't think you can even think about folding the river unless his AF is misleading. i.e. he bets a lot, but doesn't raise or doesn't check raise much. either way giving up a whole pot to SUCH AN AGGRO opponent isn't on my list of things to do in a day so I call the river.

Checking the flop is fine. It's not likely that you're ahead and you're out of position. Checking to see what happens is just fine.

-WT

[/ QUOTE ]

MP is the LAG. SB, the one who check-raised me, is unknown.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:23 AM

OK, what about this one. Anything to do differently?

Button is pretty unpredictable. 67/33/4. He capped PF with ATo and bet every street with ace high. On a previous hand he did a trifecta on me when I flopped top pair, improved to two pair, and he had a set of 4s the whole time.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB