Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: No Set But I Bet

your right, nobody is folding that 10, so why r u betting ur 7? must not like money. With hand 3 id bet, hope for fold equity and be real weary on turn river action
cdl
Old 08-03-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your right, nobody is folding that 10, so why r u betting ur 7? must not like money. With hand 3 id bet, hope for fold equity and be real weary on turn river action
cdl

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't think anyone has a T here. Do you check/fold QQ when a K appears on the flop?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cdl

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't think anyone has a T here. Do you check/fold QQ when a K appears on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking when I played the hand - if a J,Q,K, or A fell on the turn or river though I probably would have slowed down.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:27 PM

Hands 1 and 2 are fine.

I check/call the river in hand 1 if Villain calls the turn.

In hand 2, you have to insta-fold if someone plays back at you on the flop or turn. You're sometimes going to get pushed off the best hand on the flop from a semi-bluffed flush draw or some such, but not much you can do about that. What you don't want to do is get into a situation where you feel compelled to show down since you led the flop. Unless the aggression is coming from a maniac, your cards hit the muck before her chips reach the middle.

Hand 3 I don't like. A bet won't do much for you -- one person is often going to be trapped between you and the probable raiser. I check and see what happens. If the pf aggressor is an autobettor, I often throw in a c/r -- especially if SB folds. If it checks through I think about firing one on the turn, though I generally like at least second pair for a move like this. By this time we know that Villain is probably on big cards, so we'd like to know whether the other cats would have led into him with some piece of the flop and what they would have needed to see the turn. I don't mind a check/fold on the flop or turn. This one will be difficult and our expectation is probably at best very marginally positive.

The way you played it, I don't hate the turn bet since you'd like to drop Villain's overs and it's entirely possible both other people found a call with less than a ten, but I could see just giving it up right there. The 9 isn't a huge concern, but again I'm generally much more inclined to continue if my PP is 2nd pair.

This board is pretty ragged and your 7s make the few legit draws less likely. On the other hand, we're really only concerned about whether two opponents hit this board. It comes down to how likely they are to call a flop bet on this board with something other than a T. I could go either way on the turn (bet/fold or check/fold).

Once I get 3 callers on the turn, I'm done. I check the river intending to fold. I'm slightly more concerned about a weakly played made hand from the pf aggressor once he calls the turn, and him finding a bet on the river would seem to make this possibility more likely than overs. If the player to our left is aggressive enough that we should think about calling their bet, we should bet ourselves -- we're not likely to be raised, and our fold equity is probably more valuable than the possibility of inducing a bluff... especially since overcalling seems like a very bad idea. But in the vast majority of cases, I think check/folding is the correct play.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:11 AM

I think all 3 hands are played perfectly.

Hand1: Hero will have the best hand here very often if he can get it HU with villain's missed overcards. This is about the best flop you can find for 33 without a 3 on the board.
Raising the flop is good to isolate CO and if he 3bets you can fold. Most villains arent going to 3bet missed overs.

Hand 2: Perfect. An openlimp with this hand in MP is a pokercrime.

Hand3: Tough spot, our relative position sux. We will have the best hand here a decent % of the time imo. Check/calling doesnt really give us any info and im not sure id want to be seeing the turn overcalling 2 or 3 others with possibly 2 outs, but betting into MP3 may fold a 10 if he autoraises. With 9SB in the pot im not giving up on this hand, i think i play the same up to the turn.

Turn: everyone called the flop, that sux, fire again and see what happens.

River: ok, everyone called again, i either check/fold or bet/fold here. A bet may fold a 9 perhaps. opinions?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 AM

I am not experienced in SH games, but is it regular to raise with low-ish pp from MP1? The game is 7 handed, I am talking about OP second example.