Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Wackiest Hand EVER

Fairly loose passive table, don't knock my limp. Both opponents are mildly loose, mildly aggro, no real reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

Wow. At first glance it may look like a chipspewing botchjob (and probably is), but listen first! Obviously nothing I can do about PF except fold first, but this was the ideal table to limp any pocket pair. The button LRR is wack, and after having watched him, figured it probably meant any two suited overs. Same thing with the PF raise from BB, maybe a high pocket pair (wasn't raising all pps).

The flop, I'm getting 17.5:1 immediate, way more implied and the two aggressors have already acted, so I figure it's ok to peel.

Turn, well.. I'm fairly certain both are on overs, and don't want it checked through, as I now think there's a good chance my pp is good. The raise now starts to look like a high pp, maybe a flopped flush, but the guy was out of line enough to look up in this big pot.

The river is where it gets crazy. I'm faced with the button waking up again, and the CR from BB, but it feels like they're both waving their dicks in the air. Is this an easy fold first time through? You see the result, and I can only figure one of them had AK, the other AQ.. who knows. How badly was this played, and what do you put opponents on?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Wackiest Hand EVER

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:20 AM

Its not okay to peel the flop, because one of your outs is highly tainted. Bad flop call.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:21 AM

Standard, though it would be better to call 3 bets on the river and fold to a cap.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not okay to peel the flop, because one of your outs is highly tainted. Bad flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I still like it.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard, though it would be better to call 3 bets on the river and fold to a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOL! (Giggle Out Loud)
Old 08-10-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I still like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your flop call is the worst call I have ever seen posted here.

Now I have only been here for a few days, to be fair, but it's a dreadful flop call.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I still like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your flop call is the worst call I have ever seen posted here.

Now I have only been here for a few days, to be fair, but it's a dreadful flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize we're getting almost 18:1 immediate, on a 11.5:1 to the river call (22.5 to the turn)? I'd say I'm up against a flush draw 1/3 to 1/4 times, I'm getting a huge overlay for the times I flop it, and lose to a bigger set or the flush (given my implied odds, which add something like 4-6BBs, or giving me around 30:1 to hit on the turn). Now if you want to vomit, look at the turn or river, but the flop is boringly standard.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At first glance it may look like a chipspewing botchjob (and probably is)

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread