Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Where you at?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO is 14/7. With a 7 pfr, he's raising anything that beats KQ. With another limper already in, it's very likely he has a speculative hand (like QJs-Q9s). You should be way ahead of almost any of his holdings aside from a lower pair (and in that case you're nearly even money to beat him and you have position). Raise pre-flop and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if %44 to %56 HUPF equity is not even close, then I need a brain freshener.

77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo (approx. 14% of starting hands) -> 56% PFE
KQo -> 44% PFE

Throw in an UTG limper, and the more hands he plays, the closer his equity is to mine, and the closer mine gets to CO, but you can't tell me this is not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo

You're missing the fact that you can discount the best half of these hands (TT+, ATs+, KJs+, AJo+, KQ+) because he didn't raise pre-flop. I bet that significantly changes your equity calculations.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Where you at?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if %44 to %56 HUPF equity is not even close, then I need a brain freshener.
77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo (approx. 14% of starting hands) -> 56% PFE
KQo -> 44% PFE
Throw in an UTG limper, and the more hands he plays, the closer his equity is to mine, and the closer mine gets to CO, but you can't tell me this is not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Moozh said - you can't take into account the top hands in that range because he didn't raise. The other 2 things that you're failing to take into account are:

(A) - You're not all in. This is showing equity from flop -> river and not taking into account that your equity is going to change along the way.

(B) - You've got a premium hand, in position, against 2 limpers with only the blinds left to act. A PFR here is going to buy you A LOT of pots when these guys don't hit and also put you in a position to win some monster pots when you outflop them.

Don't be results oriented - raise PF. Turn fold was good.