Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: 109--Bubble play with chip lead

[ QUOTE ]
If the big blind has been playing tight then wouldn't a raise of 4 or 5xBB get him to fold any hand that he would've folded to an all-in bet? Or do you believe that there are hands that he would fold to an all-in bet but would play against a raise of 4 x BB?

If you raise 4xBB he's only going to reraise with hands that you are a big underdog against. This gives you a chance to get away from the hand.

You're the chip leader with an M of 8, and the two small stacks have an M of 3.5. Is the risk of having an all-in bet called by a hand that will be more than a 2-1 favorite compensated by the additional hands that will be folded to an all-in bet but not to a 4xBB raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
You want to get away with a hand after raising 40% of your stack and getting better than 2:1 immediate odds on a call?

I don't think so.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:05 AM

Any hand that this tight player reraises with will win > 70% of the time against A-2. Do you want to be all-in as this big a dog when you're the chip leader on the bubble? If there are no hands that this tight player will fold against an all-in but play against a raise of 4xBB, then the all-in can't be right.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:04 AM

I'd make it 750 to go. If he's tight he's not going to call, but this way the times he does call (or raises) he won't get your stack.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Results and...

BB end up calling with AK and I lose. What if you guys are the bb, what is the minumum hand you will need to call here knowing that sb(me) will push with alot of hands.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Results and...

[ QUOTE ]

BB end up calling with AK and I lose. What if you guys are the bb, what is the minumum hand you will need to call here knowing that sb(me) will push with alot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

it all depends on the exact push range really.. 10x is pushing it for loose calls like AQo and things like that. most people couldnt call faster, but i muck without thought a LOT of hands in spots like that getting pushed into. leak or not, doesnt hurt me enough. im not gonna call for a 60% there. aint my style. holla