Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Knowing anothers hand enough to overcome your piss poor hand

I posed a question - that got NO love earlier today along these lines - basically, if a hacker could see everyone's hole cards in a standard limit holdem game, what win rate could he acheive over the long haul, and what would his optimal VPIP be?
the key being its a limit game, so implied odds are only so high - so at what point could calling with marginal hands be profitable knowing that you would be able to play perfect post flop poker
Old 08-09-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting question. Look at some of the pros who play junk/marginal hands. If you think you can get your opponent to muck a betterhand then yes.

However, if you think you are going to make this work against a gambler (read Asian dude @ Taj) you aren't going to make it work. Also, your lack of discipline at times isn't going to make this +EV often enough. Perhaps this can work against a TAG, less so against LAGs.

Play 5/10 this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we going to AC. Yes i played that asian dude to loosely. But i wasnt refering to a player with him. And yes i need to be more disciplined againsted a player like him
Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There exists a point where the money in your stacks becomes small enough that it is not worth it to call with any two cards. I haven't bothered to solve for it or see if someone else solved for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solving this problem likely involves determining the implied odds for your hand vs. AA. If you won't be able to collect enough on hitting a longshot monster should your opponent go all-in, then it's no longer worth it to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for my hand it refers to a predictable player you can accuratly put on QQ JJ range. It can be done all you have to do listen. People discuss so much of their game it is crazy