Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: More min-raising: now we\'re OOP

well he reraised with AQ so we know that he'll reraise. i think you can rule out AA or KK in his hand. The question becomes does he have a set or a draw.....if he's a calling station I really can't see him raising a draw here. I'd put him on a set or two pair...is he a big enough donkey to raise with A7 here?

Absent reads, I think i'd call and lead a non-diamond turn, if he raises that i'm done.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well he reraised with AQ so we know that he'll reraise.i think you can rule out AA or KK in his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I was about 75% certain you are right. His preflop actions are baffling though.. so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

[ QUOTE ]
is he a big enough donkey to raise with A7 here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
Absent reads, I think i'd call and lead a non-diamond turn, if he raises that i'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]
What reads do you have? You're working with all the information I had.

I like your line a lot.. but with the pot at 210 on the turn, is there possibly a safe turn bet? Bet 70, fold to a min raise? How do you like checking?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:56 PM

ugh this hand is just so ugly i'm not sure. I would probably lead about 70 because if i'm ahead I don't want him drawing for free and if I'm behind I don't want to commit any more to this pot. I'm really thinking this might not be a draw though because in hand 1 he had a draw to the second nuts there and he never raised that or anything. If he does have a draw its a really big one, SF variety. I think the best card you could see on the turn other than a queen of course is a 2...76 is a real possibility for him. I really hate these spots.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate these spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The more I think about it the more I don't mind checking as I don't see myself facing huge bets on the turn and river, because he's passive. Then again, a 70$ lead probably wont get raised by a worse hand, but I think i'd be more comfortable check/calling 80 then betting 70 and folding to a raise. Maybe I'll give him a free card in exchange for some pot control.

The line I took was probably the worst of all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 06:22 PM

what did you push and get called by a set?