Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 05:07 PM

Default When to come alive.

I have trouble on when I should come alive when I flop huge, as is the example in this hand. I have no reads on the opponent. The question is, do I wait until the turn to come alive, or do I c/r the flop, or bet out the flop?

Party 1/2 (6 max) 6-handed

I am in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG raises. Folded to me, I raise, BB folds, UTG caps, I call.

Flop comes: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, UTG bets, <font color="red"> What do I do here? </font>

I could check raise here, and bet out the rest of the hand. Or, I could call here, and check again for the check-raise, hoping he has a high-pocket pair and I could get more big bets that way. Whenever I have a K there, however, I just bet out, so I don't know if I should have played this hand the same way. Thoughts?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: When to come alive.

I lead the flop, when he raises (pretty sure he will), I call his flop raise and c/r the turn. after that I keep my foot on the gas.

if he's very passive I will never take my foot off the gas.

turning an ace would be a very good plan about now.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 PM

Poker_Ink,

My plan here is to bet out on every street. The reason is twofold...1) I don't want any street to get checked through 2) I don't want to checkraise any street b/c it's showing too much strength and on the turn and/or river I don't get to 3bet.

Essentially, my plan is to bet out on the flop and call if he raises. Bet out on the turn and 3bet. He's got a pp and I don't think he's folding to a turn 3bet. That's my plan with no read.

___1___
Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 PM

I lead and call a raise, then bet/3bet the turn as well in this spot. Letting any street get checked through would be a disaster.