Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Was this raise a mistake?

I'm playing in a live 6-7 handed 1/2 NL game. I have about $100 in front of me, which is $35 less than I had bought in with. I have a very tight table image, showing down pocket pairs on the first two hands I have played, and showing only one questionable raise during the entire game. It is a pretty loose game, with a couple of very aggressive raisers, a la Doyle Brunson, who will push just because they can. I felt I played very well, but one hand has been on my mind since. After a couple of limpers, the guy immediately to my right makes it 15 to go. I squeeze AdKd. I make it 40 to go, a huge raise, but I didn't want one of those limpers trying to see something "cheaply," as I felt at least one might. Was this a mistake? My initial reaction was that I played it right for the game, and that the raise was warranted, but as I think about it now, I think that just calling may have been a better option. Of course, this is with hindsight swaying my perspective. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Was this raise a mistake?

the raise basically pot commits you....not sure I do that, although it's not terrible. I'd rather call and see what I flop.