Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Obvious fold with no reads?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Is there something that I'm missing here? Please help me .... this is like the twilight zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very read dependent. Sometimes I 3bet, usually I fold. I cold call with pairs and good suited connectors here.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:49 PM

You are getting bad advice from good players because the format of your post is non-standard and people aren't taking the time to examine the action.

You really need to fold preflop and take it from there.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:59 PM

I would call this (maybe even raise) given some good reads on the raiser. But you don't and that sucks. Fold. The raiser may be a total fish but you don't have the reads to verify that! Wait for reads before you make decisions based upon assumptions.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:00 PM

I dont like cold call with the AJo because this hand is playable depending on your read but if this guys loose ax raiser you need to put in a rr here, and if hes tight im dropping the ajo. Call through after the flop raise, he may have set up. I will tryraise this set of jacks on the river but just call if 3 bet. Dont be to suprised to see a hand like QQ or KK which people overplay all the time.
cdl
Old 08-08-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting bad advice from good players because the format of your post is non-standard and people aren't taking the time to examine the action.

You really need to fold preflop and take it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed on both points. (I was wondering about the "fold preflop" line myself until I looked deeper.)

AJo is primarily a top pair hand, and you're in big trouble to a lot of PFR hands. Don't cold-call here.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:34 PM

I think this is a fold preflop, given MP3's preflop raise. If he just limps, I can see a raise.

Flop: You have TPTK and you raise. Great. MP3 3-bets your ass. Not great. You're probably behind.

Turn: He leads again. You're getting 19:2 immediate on a call, 21:4 or ~5.25:1 (16%) if you commit to calling down right now . What could he have and how do we fare vs each?

- Drawing dead to JJ and basically dead to AA (we have 2 outs and the pot is not large enough to draw). These are very possible given his preflop and flop play.
- Drawing dead to TT or 88. These are possible given his preflop play but slightly less likely given his flop play.
- Drawing live to 5 outs vs KK, QQ, possible given preflop/flop
- Chopping w/AJ, possible give preflop/flop
- way ahead of KJ, possible give preflop/flop, but he'd be a bit of a donk
- way ahead of AK, AQ, but these are less likely given flop/turn

We're too far behind too many of these to show down without improving. I think he'll have KK, QQ often enough to warrant a turn call. Against a typical opponent, I think you can fold the river unimproved.

If you have a read on him as over-aggro, you can probably call down, raising the river if you hit.

Tom