Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Gotta Give This Up, Right?

Party 2/4 NL. Villian seems loose and bad. Hero has Villian covered.

One limper to Hero in MP who calls with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Another limper, then button raises to 12. Villian cold calls in bb, Hero calls, other limpers fold. Three to the flop.

Flop: ($46) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian checks. Hero leads for $35. Pre-flop raiser on button folds. Villian calls.

Turn: ($116): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian checks. Hero bets $100. Villian calls.

River: ($316): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian leads for $200. Hero mucks.

Nothing you can do, right? Anybody call here?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Gotta Give This Up, Right?

I'd seriously consider calling, but I can't say because you've given no reads; TAG? I doubt he's playing a 3 or a 5 with that PFR. If he's LAG, you might worry...

-Tripp
Old 08-08-2005, 09:21 AM

I think you let this go since you said he plays loose and bad. Any normal player I couldn't give credit, but given this read I'm guessing A5s or even 56s aren't too far off from what he'd call from, especially since loose/bad players hate to let their BB go regardless of the raise.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 AM

Is anyone else tempted to go for a check-raise on the flop? If the PFR was aggressive and definitely going to put in a continuation bet when checked to him, I think that might have been a good line - especially if Villain calls, then you can raise big there and get some more in on the flop.

With the way it went though, I fold that river.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:27 AM

I call. What did he call the raise with? An overpair. This is how I would put him on an overpair or a missed flush draw that he was trying to bluff at.

If he has Quads, God bless him, but that or pocket 4s are the only things you can reasonably expect to see that beats you and since both are unlikely, I think you have to call.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:29 AM

I think I'd fold, but it's read dependent.
Is he likely to call a PFR w/ a 5 or 3? If yes, easy fold.

Ryan