Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Default 44; Flopped Set

Any comments on the play of this hand would be useful, should I of taken control and capped the flop?, should I of played it passively on the turn? and should I have 3-bet the river once MP1 folds? Thanks.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 08-07-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: 44; Flopped Set

preflop - many people find a fold here

flop - nice
turn - cap
river - 3-bet
Old 08-07-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop - many people find a fold here

flop - nice
turn - cap
river - 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2005, 10:26 PM

I think you have to cap the turn and 3bet the river here. The only hands that beat you are 55 and qq. There's virtually no chance that he has 55 since he raised the flop. So the only hand that beats you is qq. So you have to figure out if the button player will call cold preflop with qq or would he always 3bet it. Would he raise the flop with a set of queens and a rainbow flop? Probably not since there are no draws and if he had qq the other players probably wouldn't have a q. So most likely he has aq. Possibility of kk if he's capable of cold calling preflop with those hands.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:32 PM

preflop: I really don't like playing 4's vs an early position raise here.

flop: That said, if you are playing them, I like the initial flop call, but my question is what possible hand are you coldcalling 2 w/ here that you'd call a raise w/ preflop. Your coldcall SCREAMS set to me on this board, so I mind as well cap. I don't think cold calling gains you enough deception.

turn: cap it.
river: 3 bet.