Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Best Hand Ever!

$200 NL Paradise
I'm in the SB with KQ of clubs. ($500 stack)
BB has about $275. Have not played with him very much.

Little history, I've played maybe 1 hand in the last four orbits and am getting a little bored and I've been playing for almost 11 hours now and am about to quit in the next orbit or so.

Everyone folds to me, I call $1
BB raises to $8 and I hesitate for maybe 10 seconds and Raise all-in. BB almost instantly calls.

Now I really didn't think he would call with anything except Aces or Kings and I think he would have just checked his option here if he had either of the two.

Board comes xxQxx and he has AK of Diamonds. Now I know I made a bad move because I was extremely tired and bored, but the thing about the hand is everyone at the table said he made a bad call??

I learned a lesson today.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Best Hand Ever!

Wait, so let me get this straight, you raised all in for $500 (well $275 really) into a $10 pot?? What hand could he call you with that he wouldn't be a huge favorite? And if you figured he would only call with KK or AA, why would you make that raise? To win $10? That's the kind of move you might be right to make in the beginning of a session in order to gain a loose aggressive reputation, setting yourself up to get called when you hit big, but I really see no reason to make the play you did. And yes, he made a bad call because at the very best he was risking his entire stack on a coin flip and at the worst he was a huge dog, but if I had seen you pull crap like this before i'd have called immediately too.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:33 AM

give the guy a break. he SAID he was tired and bored.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:16 AM

that's the thing, my image is usually pretty tight, something i need to work on, trust me, i hate what i did, even though i won 275$, i feel just stupid about it, ie I learned a lesson today.

ps yesterday same session, i mucked bottom set on a flop of 843r, how many people would seriously make this mucK against heat? person had 44