Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Empire support says: \"No GameTime+\"

Perhaps this is cause for alarm, perhaps not... anyway, hangon and read this please.

If you read my thread about the party skin buddy list copying program I'm creating you know that I got a popup warning on Empire about "unfair advantage software yada yada yada".

Anyway, the software I was running at the time was PokerTracker, GameTime+ and AutoIt. So I emailed support and asked about it and got a vague response of course. But part of the response was this:
[ QUOTE ]
We do not allow any software that overlays the client program in anyway. Poker analysis software is not a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that sure sounds like gametime. So I sent this email:
[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Is the software GameTime+ allowed to be used in conjunction with the EmpirePoker software?
Info about the software can be found here: http://www.pokerdominion.com/viewforum.php?f=1

best regards
xxxxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what did I expect? A canned response arrived shortly:
[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to clarify that we do not endorse any such software neither do we allow any third party software to interact with our software. Any violations to the same are undertaken by our Investigations Department.

For all future correspondence we request you to write to us from the registered email address. This is to ensure the security of your account related information.

We thank you for your support and cooperation in this regard!

You can see the registered email address by selecting the Cashier button on the bottom of the lobby.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Puja
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent this:
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

GameTime+ does not interact with the poker software. So that should mean it's allowed, right?

Best regards
xxxxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

And their response:
[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxxx,

EmpirePoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Gopichand
Investigations Team
alerts@empirepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell! DON'T BE VAGUE PU**IES PLEASE!
I sent this:
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Please do not respond with a vague canned response.

I'm asking about a specific software: GameTime+
1) It does NOT automate playing in any way
2) It does NOT participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) It does NOT use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

I do not want to break any terms & conditions so I need a CLEAR answer on this.
So please, yes or no, is GameTime+ ok to use?

If you need more information to be able to answer the question, you can find the software on http://www.pokerdominion.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Best regards
xxxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is the final response I got so far:
[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxxx,

With reference to your email request, we would like to infrom you that donot use any suspicious software.No,gametime+ .

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,
Micheal George
Investigations Team
alerts@empirepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

"donot use any suspicious software.No,gametime+"
WTF!?

That sure sounds like a support guy that just want to fend off an inquisitive client.
I know there have been several emails from support related to the PokerEdge issue, that clearly stated that GameTime+ and other HUD's are ok to use.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Empire support says: \"No GameTime+\"

What are your thoughts on this?

outsourcing sucks
Old 08-06-2005, 09:35 PM

it looks to me like they told you TWICE that GameTime+ is acceptable.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:14 PM

Your main problem is you believe the support staff is there to support.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Most of the people at Party Support are woefully ignorant of the online poker culture and poker in general.

FWIW, Eurobet actually hires people who can speak english. They told me that as of right now Pokertracker and all the add ons are OK. But they reserve the right to review that decision in the future.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 PM

People who keep emailing support constantly about Gametime+ and Pokertracker are the one's who are going to get it banned.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who keep emailing support constantly about Gametime+ and Pokertracker are the one's who are going to get it banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

No probably not.

The support people at Party are incompetent, but the upper level management is obviously not.

They are aware that these programs exist. The problem is that they do not bother to educate their support people.

You could e-mail them 50 times a day and it would not hasten or delay a ban. Support has nothing to do with the decision making.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:22 PM

GOOD.

Play without the aid of Playtime, Gametime etc.

I use pokertracker, and tried Gametime+, but only used it a couple times (and I didn't inhale). I find playing without it much more fun - and you can all bash me for not taking advantage of what is available, but I would still rather play without it. SO, I'm happy.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The support people at Party are incompetent, but the upper level management is obviously not.

They are aware that these programs exist. The problem is that they do not bother to educate their support people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Methinks you just contradicted yourself. The woeful state of Party's customer support organization and Party's many other operational problems are clear evidence of the incompetence of Party management.

Incidentally many companies have outsourced customer support to India with excellent results. When it's done right the customers often don't even realize where the support service is based. India or Indians are not per se the reason that Party customer support is terrible.

Party's handling of the tool issue could hardly be worse if they tried. The massive confusion that exists is obviously intentional. Don't ask me why they do this but no other explanation is even plausible.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:40 AM

No one's going to suggest you play with the add-ons any more than you're going to suggest to them not to play with them.