Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: My 2 years

For example: My roomates stole a bunch of bikes, one of them was for me but apparently nobody told me, and within 2 days it had already dissapeared from our back balcony.

is this some organized crime ring? lol
Old 08-06-2005, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM

I think there are only a dozen bikes in all of IV, and everyone shares them.

But seriously, don't people ever lock their bikes? I guess if there is always another one lying around, why bother?

Q: What did Klepton's roommate get for Christmas?
A: My bike. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How the hell do you know he won't do it again, or that he really regrets it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because shant is Klepton's brother.

I know it too because of private conversations I've had with him.

You self-serving sanctimonious douchebags that are acting as the moral police are really doing nothing but ruining what could have been a great, inspiring and interesting thread.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:03 PM

sanctimonious

now that folks, is using an education the right way!
Old 08-06-2005, 04:21 PM

Well if you personally know him I'll have to take your word for it. I only have the information present in OP, and I didn't like what I read.

Even leaving that aside, the same attitude OP had about stealing bikes is the same attitude that the bastard who did a hit and run on my car in the parking lot had.

I really don't care if the fucker feels sorry about it one day. It's still thousands of dollar in damages and insurance premiums that I have to pay for while he goes off scot free. But I guess what OP did is ok because it was less money and a lot of times.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:33 PM

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not taking theft lightly. What I mean by my post is people do stupid things in their past, like I did when I was 13. I regret that now, and would teach younger kids that I have an influence on(cousins, nephews, etc) that shoplifting is stupid and wrong.

Unfortunately, my brother(the OP) doesn't have much tact and didn't convey his feelings appropriately. He does regret and would never do it again. Maybe that didn't come across fully. However, he doesn't deserve the harsh treatment he got here with wishes of going broke and attacks on his skill.

I think his attempt to open up to these forums wasn't such a good idea, and I advised him against it, but he thought people would take a message away from it. It obviously didn't come off as intended.

P.S. Apologies for calling your logic retarded, I just don't think because people did something wrong in their past they should have to "hurt" themselves to make amends. Not that it matters, but I believe he bought some bikes for people at his school when he started doing well at poker.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you personally know him I'll have to take your word for it. I only have the information present in OP, and I didn't like what I read.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad, and I'm trying not to be biased here because of my relationship with the OP, I thought it was a great post.

[ QUOTE ]
Even leaving that aside, the same attitude OP had about stealing bikes is the same attitude that the bastard who did a hit and run on my car in the parking lot had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your posts in this thread now.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't care if the fucker feels sorry about it one day. It's still thousands of dollar in damages and insurance premiums that I have to pay for while he goes off scot free. But I guess what OP did is ok because it was less money and a lot of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certain that Klepton thinks what he did is not okay. He wrote

[ QUOTE ]
I started doing things I'm not proud of.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]

i named myself klepton to remind myself of the wrong ideals i once had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
People keep comparing these bike thefts to larger and larger crimes, and are really stretching it. If you've read Sponger's comments in this thread, you'll notice that bikes are recycled throughout the school. When I went and visited I didn't see one bike that was worth over $40. When my brother first started school there, my mom bought him a $300 bike that was gone in 2 weeks because bikes simply don't last there, and people learn their lesson about buying a nice bike.

I'm not saying any of this makes stealing bikes OK, but comparing it to harassment, breaking and entering, or hit & run accidents is reaching.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what the hell do you want him to do go and [censored] buy 40 brand new bikes and put them on campus for everyone to have? (sounds like an idea i guess)

[/ QUOTE ]

A damn good idea I'd say. Then a trip to the police station with a confession.