Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Evaluate play please

Hand 1:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB folds.

River: (9.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

Hand 3:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 08-06-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Evaluate play please

1- meh
2- bad
3- meh
Old 08-06-2005, 05:12 PM

shadow can you please post more than one word answers? this is the 2nd post i've seen you do that, and it's much harder for me to learn what is wrong with the hands when "meh" and "No." are the responses from the vets out there...
Old 08-06-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shadow can you please post more than one word answers? this is the 2nd post i've seen you do that, and it's much harder for me to learn what is wrong with the hands when "meh" and "No." are the responses from the vets out there...

[/ QUOTE ]

im feelin sorta burned out rt now. sry.

but maybe these responses are good. you see the final answer and work backwards to find where i came from. you (not directly you, doc, but the more general you) learn far more when you work things out then when i just feed you guys the right play. (and im feeling bummed that i messed up that qt hand.)
Old 08-06-2005, 05:21 PM

ok, if you're burned out right now, you're burned out...thought you might have just been doing it because you got up on the wrong side of the bed today : )
Old 08-06-2005, 05:30 PM

Hand 1: I'd raise preflop, but I suppose calling is fine, especially at a looser table. I'd raise the flop, most hands that are calling for 1 bet (any A, a flush or straight draw) are calling for 2, and I'd rather protect my hand from a gutshot (or even an OESD) than try to get 1 extra sb here. Rest of the hand is standard.

Hand 2:
I'd bet the flop because I feel I have the best hand a lot of the time. Just call the river raise, someone slowplayed trips on you (which would be a boat now) almost always.

Hand 3:
Raise preflop, or at least I would.

This hand is harder for me, I think I like it, don't want to fold the flop getting 6:1 with MP and bd-draws, not to mention maybe the best hand, and my raise doesn't protect. On the turn when checked to I do have many outs if behind but you gotta think you are ahead a lot unless SB has shown a propensity to bet, then check-raise the turn (and even then you're still probably ahead a lot). By the river you aren't ahead very much. I think I like it.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:32 PM

Hand 1: I just raise the flop; you're only looking for 1 overcaller. If 3-bet, I'll wait and raise the turn HU because I think that'll get more value out of an aggressive ace. If he keeps raising the turn, then I would go to war just like you did.
edit: Missed pf - Damaniac is right that this is a raise. every blind overcard you fold increases your winning chances.

Hand 2: Depends on opponents. With 3 people left behind me who all called 2 cold, I think there's a chance you're still best. Without any reads that these guys will chase a backdoor straight with any ace, I'd bet to see how many stay in on the flop. The way it played out, the river is too aggressive IMO. After a raise and a call, I wouldn't 3-bet, because the raise looks alot like a 4 and the call looks alot like a 3. You'll win here enough times to call profitably, but not enough to raise profitably IMO.

Hand 3: I like it as long as you have no read on villain as tricky. Although I am curious what SB would pull this with.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just pissed because of his avatar.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:44 PM

Hand 1:
I'd play it the same.

Hand 2:
I'd bet the flop because it most likely missed everyone, but other than that I'd play it the same.

Hand 3:
Preflop: Standard
Flop: I gave you 1 out for the J (someone might have you beat with a full house if you catch another J), 1 out for the T (one T puts 3 hearts on the board and the rest give you two pair and put a straight possibility on the board), 1.5 for the backdoor straight draw, and 1.5 for the backdoor flush draw. Add them up and you get 5 outs total. You were getting 6-1 (tiny pot) which isn't enough odds for 5 outs (you need about 8.2-1) so you should fold that flop.
Turn: You're on a flush draw and you'll make it about once every 5 times so you need 4 or more people in the pot to break even (if you want to bet). Betting when there are only 2 other guys in the pot is bad IMO.
River: I'd fold that too.

Edit: That was my first time grunching btw. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: I gave you 1 out for the J (someone might have you beat with a full house if you catch another J), 1 out for the T (one T puts 3 hearts on the board and the rest give you two pair and put a straight possibility on the board), 1.5 for the backdoor straight draw, and 1.5 for the backdoor flush draw. Add them up and you get 5 outs total. You were getting 6-1 (tiny pot) which isn't enough odds for 5 outs (you need about 8.2-1) so you should fold that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being a little chintzy with the jack outs; trip jacks will win here alot more than half the time. If we add in implied odds and the chance that we're best, I think we can peel here.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: You're on a flush draw and you'll make it about once every 5 times so you need 4 or more people in the pot to break even (if you want to bet). Betting when there are only 2 other guys in the pot is bad IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not betting our flush draw for value here, we're betting because we may have the best hand. Until his c/r, it appears that SB is on a draw; I think we have an OK chance of beind best at this point, and our flush equity pushes into the green enough to value-bet.