Default Re: well I got arrested

I dont think you understood his post.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'd prefer to be thrown in jail unlawfully than to give up my personal freedoms, even just once.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a property owner, I'm glad that the police are willing to investigate suspicious activities that may cause harm to my property. Due to their diligence, we have yet to need to install a machine gun nest on our roof.

As a human being, I'm glad that the police are willing to stop people wandering around neighborhoods at 2am. I have to imagine that a non-trivial amount of the time, said late walkers are in need of some sort of assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT ITS THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT NOT TO BE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION!!! WHY CAN'T ANYBODY SEE HOW THIS IS CLEARLY HARASSMENT AND A VIOLATION OF OUR RIGHTS????

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge you can scream it all day long but there are some people that you just can't convince. I remember in my constitutional law class i would get so pissed because some girl would be like "whats wrong with them stopping people and asking where they are going, if they did nothing wrong they wouldn't mind" They just don't get it and never will. I used to argue all day long with simple minds i would get mad and now i realize they are just stupid and they deserve what they get...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm detector is clearly broken...
Old 08-05-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'd prefer to be thrown in jail unlawfully than to give up my personal freedoms, even just once.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a property owner, I'm glad that the police are willing to investigate suspicious activities that may cause harm to my property. Due to their diligence, we have yet to need to install a machine gun nest on our roof.

As a human being, I'm glad that the police are willing to stop people wandering around neighborhoods at 2am. I have to imagine that a non-trivial amount of the time, said late walkers are in need of some sort of assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT ITS THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT NOT TO BE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION!!! WHY CAN'T ANYBODY SEE HOW THIS IS CLEARLY HARASSMENT AND A VIOLATION OF OUR RIGHTS????

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge you can scream it all day long but there are some people that you just can't convince. I remember in my constitutional law class i would get so pissed because some girl would be like "whats wrong with them stopping people and asking where they are going, if they did nothing wrong they wouldn't mind" They just don't get it and never will. I used to argue all day long with simple minds i would get mad and now i realize they are just stupid and they deserve what they get...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Edge is trying to be sarcastic, but his premise is dead wrong so it just sounds dumb.

Now, do you realize this, and are playing along to point out how stupid he's being, or are you seriously trying to side with his attempt at being facetious?

~D
Old 08-05-2005, 04:42 PM

Well played Duke, except for one important fact that you forgot...

WHAT CIVIL RIGHT IS BEING VIOLATED HERE?

Jesus H. Christ, if one person could give me an honest, supportable answer here, I wouldn't have a problem. I've asked multiple times, and the best I got back was "if they detain you" then its a 4th Amendment thing.

So since you're so goddamn smart, why don't you tell me which Constitutionally-guaranteed right is being violated here.

I guess you'd rather spend your time coming into a thread to be a douche, and nothing more.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played Duke, except for one important fact that you forgot...

WHAT CIVIL RIGHT IS BEING VIOLATED HERE?

Jesus H. Christ, if one person could give me an honest, supportable answer here, I wouldn't have a problem. I've asked multiple times, and the best I got back was "if they detain you" then its a 4th Amendment thing.

So since you're so goddamn smart, why don't you tell me which Constitutionally-guaranteed right is being violated here.

I guess you'd rather spend your time coming into a thread to be a douche, and nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't really have to name anything here. The majority of Constitutional rights are unenumerated. Agents of the government have no power except that expressly stated / ruled upon.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:25 PM

I have unpaid parking ticket from about 2 years ago.